Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#87244 - 06/28/11 01:13 PM Video with alternate audio
tkw Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Canada
I just purchased the Marantz SR5005 to replace my Outlaw 950 Pre. All my AV sources now use HDMI so it really simplifies the connections. According to the manual I can display a video source with an alternate audio input. I have an ASUS O!Play media player connected by HDMI, which I use for movies but the O!Play is also connected to a dedicated DAC via digital cable. The analog output of the DAC is then fed into the CD input of the SR5005 and played in direct mode for audio listening. However when ever I switch to the CD input I lose the video which I need for the menus. I thought that it is supposed to keep the last displayed video source if you switch to a audio only input. I also tried assigning the video source to the CD input in the setup menu but the same thing happens. What am I doing wrong? Help! Thanks in advance.

#87245 - 06/28/11 09:58 PM Re: Video with alternate audio [Re: tkw]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Are you using "Source Direct" or "Pure Direct" with the CD input? Pure Direct appears to disable the video section entirely, and would create the condition you are reporting. Source Direct appears to leave the video circuits available.

If that doesn't do the trick, it is possible that the SR5005's audio-only inputs (possibly just the CD input) behaves differently with video switching. You could use a different input (Game, VCR, or TV, for example) and connect the stereo analog cables to that input's left/right analog audio. Then it looks like you could select that input, go into the setup menu, pick "Input Setup", pick "Video", and change "Video Select" to be the input that the O!Play's HDMI cable is connected to (BD or DVD - not sure which you used for that). That should (if I'm reading the manual right) tell the SR5005 to use that other input's video signal any time this input is selected.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts