Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#92905 - 03/11/13 01:12 PM Axpona Chicago -- Two Channel seemed well attended
renov8r Offline
Desperado

Loc: Illinois
I spend Saturday at the show and there were lots of not-too-freaky types of folks that seemed to enjoy vinyl AND digital sources. Lots of folks that would have been HAPPY to hear a 2150...

The average age was not quite as stratospheric as I was worried about. Folks from Sony Japan were at the show with VERY pricey and quite impressive SS-AR1 & SS-AR2. http://www.stereophile.com/content/sony-ss-ar1-loudspeaker
Onkyo, Marantz & McIntosh all had very nice two channel setups. Wisdom Audio sounded very impressive, as well they should at the price. http://www.stereophile.com/content/wisdom-audio

Local guys just starting out had incredible performance / value -- http://www.sonichemisphere.com/Pricing_Finishes.html

Anybody else visit Rosemont Il this weekend?

#93064 - 04/09/13 01:44 PM Re: Axpona Chicago -- Two Channel seemed well attended [Re: renov8r]
rubbersoul Offline
Desperado

Loc: folsom, pa.
Going to the New York Audio Show this weekend and looking forward to seeing 99% of the equipment that I can't afford to buy haha...but it will be fun. As it is I am in the market for a new processor and have been since Outlaw had announce the development do the 978. It took me a year and a half and a very large piggy bank to save some money for a very good processor. The 990 served me well but with the advent of HDMI, better video and audio processing I've had the knack for stepping up and retiring the 990. I was seriously considering the Marantz 7701 and was hoping that Oulaw would be putting that unit in there product line-up. That did not happen. As a matter of fact I do not understand why Marantz does not allow access to all of their products on this web-site. My menu has changed in regards to the 7701 and I M looking to the 8801. I found an authorized dealer for Marantz and he is giving me an offer I can't refuse and I will still have my 990 although I DO intend to put it up for sale. It is pristine condition. I probably will be selling my 35' long HDMI-DVI cables also.
I like Outlaw products and intend to keep my 7700.
It's a shame but lately visiting this forum it does not seem very active. A couple of years ago opening this site there always seemed to be a buzz about about the forum.

Oh and the reference to AGE. I am assuming your not even in your fortifies. I myself am in the trimester of my life and enjoying every minute of it.
Just think one day you will be my replacement. Haha.
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Mitsubishi 6800 Projector
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Nakamichi cables Audio 8 cables
Air-Server
Mac-Mini
ROON

#93066 - 04/09/13 03:41 PM Re: Axpona Chicago -- Two Channel seemed well attended [Re: renov8r]
renov8r Offline
Desperado

Loc: Illinois
I was born in 1965...

Who's Online
0 registered (), 111 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Helson 1
patm1198 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts