Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#85537 - 01/16/11 01:50 AM I hope outlaw appreciates
rmilewsk Offline
Gunslinger

those of us that have patiently waited for years as they work out the issues with the new processors. I could easily have taken by business elsewhere but have stuck with the Outlaws because they are a special company and have created great products coupled with great service.

#85539 - 01/16/11 09:17 AM Re: I hope outlaw appreciates [Re: rmilewsk]
PeterT Offline
Gunslinger

rmilewsk,

We really do appreciate your loyalty. Our canceling the 997 last year was a necessary decision. We literally had thousands of interested customers, but we found so many things wrong that the factory was unable or unwilling to address that the decision to us was clear even though we knew we would take a large hit.

We are planning an update soon on the 978. As it is obvious to many, the development process is slower than we want but the progress towards what we want in this product is moving nicely. Based upon some customer feedback we have altered some features and that necessitated a more robust DSP. We will soon send out an update to all on what the 978 will contain.

We are also being extremely cautious about ease of use, and reliability. Every company, regardless of size, has had problems in varying degrees when launching their processors. Some have had severe ongoing issues and we very aware of what that means for customer confidence.

Our friends at Marantz did an absolutely great job with their processor, but even they had a few glitches that had to be addressed. Also please appreciate how long it took them to launch an HDMI 1.4 product (and they are part of a billion dollar conglomerate). We have a design team that is scattered around the world (Europe, India, China, and here in the US) We are working to get it right and of course we are also working with Audyssey to make sure their interface and ours ties together.

Logic would tell you that we need this product as much as you want it (After all we have a line of power amps that will be paired with this processor to say nothing of other accessories). So are efforts are not casual. That said, our task is to correctly pull all of the various elements together and I can say with no hesitation this is the most complicated product we have ever developed, in a world where technology is changing every year.

Thanks for keeping the faith.

Peter

Edited by PeterT (01/16/11 07:09 PM)

#85545 - 01/16/11 06:31 PM Re: I hope outlaw appreciates [Re: PeterT]
GaryB Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Originally Posted By: PeterT
We are planning an update soon on the 998... Based upon some customer feedback we have altered some features and that necessitated a more robust DSP. We will soon send out an update to all on what the 997 will contain.

...we are also working with Audyssey to make sure their interface and ours ties together.

Peter, assuming you are referring to a single pre/pro in the quoted bits above, do you in fact mean the 978?

And if you're hinting that you needed to upgrade the DSP to accomodate Audyssey MultEq XT32/Sub EQ HT (and other features) in response to feedback from myself and others, I must say I'm gratified and delighted.

#85547 - 01/16/11 07:20 PM Re: I hope outlaw appreciates [Re: GaryB]
jimmy Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I see new power amps are in the future . Are they digital?

#85549 - 01/16/11 08:11 PM Re: I hope outlaw appreciates [Re: rmilewsk]
skiman Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Golden. Colorado
Originally Posted By: rmilewsk
those of us that have patiently waited for years as they work out the issues with the new processors. I could easily have taken by business elsewhere but have stuck with the Outlaws because they are a special company and have created great products coupled with great service.

+1

The Outlaws can appreciate us by extending the loyalty discout that was to be offered on the 997.

While I eagerly anticipate the 978 update, it would be reassuring to know that the 998 will in fact also be coming.

#85573 - 01/17/11 10:50 PM Re: I hope outlaw appreciates [Re: rmilewsk]
Hank Offline
Desperado

Loc: Austin, Texas, USA
Well Peter, it was nice to meet you at CES and listen to the impressive Atlantic Tech speakers. I note that you said you'd post a pre/pro update a week or two after CES, so, here we are at week two. What say you? I know you'll include a much asked-for feature, but when will the product ship, or at least when will final beta testing commence/end?
Keeping the faith with my old 950...

#85580 - 01/18/11 12:21 PM Re: I hope outlaw appreciates [Re: rmilewsk]
Retep Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Tauranga, New Zealand
I am looking forward to seeing what the 978 is going to offer. I will hold off for the 998 and I wonder if it too has had some scope creep. I did consider the Marantz, but I really don't need an upgrade as much as I just want to upgrade. I love toys.

#85593 - 01/18/11 06:30 PM Re: I hope outlaw appreciates [Re: Retep]
Windmiller Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chapel Hill, NC
I believe that there are many of us who understand the position you guys were in Peter and are glad that you made the decision you did. We are so excited about a "Outlaw Made" Processor and wish you and the team all the best as you work on this most challenging endeavour.

#85745 - 01/26/11 09:03 AM Re: I hope outlaw appreciates [Re: Windmiller]
Pumori Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Just received the update email. Will there be any incentives for a previous 950 owner?

#85747 - 01/26/11 10:30 AM Re: I hope outlaw appreciates [Re: Pumori]
legivens Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Euless, Texas, USA
I would like to know if there will be any incentives for 950 owners as well please.
Outlaw Model 7900
Outlaw Model 5000 (for the ceiling speakers)
Marantz AV7702 MK2
Oppo BDP-105D
Axiom M80's, GoldenEar Super XXL, GoldenEar Aon 3's (sides and rears), GoldenEar HTR 7000's (in-ceiling for Atmos/DTS:X)
Outlaw LFM1-Plus and EX
Directv HD DVR
2 HD Monster Power centers
PS3
Harmony One

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 126 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts