Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#89602 - 02/28/12 09:46 PM More Frequent Updates
jkvoth Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Beaumont, TX, USA
Alot of people are wondering about product updates on the 978. I am one of them. I am wondering about product updates on several Outlaw products. Is there any reason why we can't get a monthly update on this stuff. I asked a simple question on ICBM-2 thread about an update of any kind. I posted that back in February and still have not gotten anything. How about speakers? The old saying "no news is good news", is a load of crap. Something to let us know that at least there is a minute bit of progress, would be great. Either the owners have accumulated a hellacious pile of cash, and they just don't care about losing customers, or they've already gone broke over the 997 and 978 and just don't care anymore. I would still buy this thing when or if it came out, but there have been some pretty aggressive-sounding posts in the past about the delays. Personally, I don't think it's the delay that is irritating people or turning them to alternative products, I think it's the lack of communication to the customer. If all you sell is Audio/Video equipment and you are only developing one new product for 2 years and everybody is going nuts waiting for a simple update, then why not email everyone an update that takes 10 minutes a month to type?! I'm a loyal customer and a small business owner and I don't want to sound like a prick, but it's just a tad bit unprofessional to not send out an update to people more than twice a year. We're not looking for financial statements from Outlaw, LLC. We're trying to figure out where to invest our money and who to invest it with. We would like Outlaw to help us decide. So can we get some kind of an official update on the 978? And for crying out loud, how long does it take to respond to a simple question about the ICBM 2?
Rotel RMB-1075
Oppo BDP-93
M&K LCR 75 mains
M&K Center 750
M&K SS550 Surrounds
M&K SS550 Back Surrounds
Dual Epik Legends

#89603 - 02/28/12 11:17 PM Re: More Frequent Updates [Re: jkvoth]
GaryB Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I agree completely of course, not that it does or will matter. smile

#89614 - 02/29/12 02:06 PM Re: More Frequent Updates [Re: GaryB]
legivens Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Euless, Texas, USA
jkvoth, I must say I tend to agree. Just let us know. I love all the Outlaw equipment I currently own and sometimes loan items out to friends to try to turn them on to them. I must say I'm a loyal customer as well AND try to promote your awesome products. Updates, regardless of what they are should not be too much to ask IMHO. And where I read the post that stated something about being called 'liars' because there wasn't a deadline made or something, I think should be taken as a grain of salt. There are always setbacks. Just my few cents. Since the Marantz 6006 (I believe) is offered is this a sign we should look at other products? UGH!
Outlaw Model 7900
Outlaw Model 5000 (for the ceiling speakers)
Marantz AV7702 MK2
Oppo BDP-105D
Axiom M80's, GoldenEar Super XXL, GoldenEar Aon 3's (sides and rears), GoldenEar HTR 7000's (in-ceiling for Atmos/DTS:X)
Outlaw LFM1-Plus and EX
Directv HD DVR
2 HD Monster Power centers
PS3
Harmony One

#89617 - 02/29/12 02:29 PM Re: More Frequent Updates [Re: legivens]
bobm Offline
Gunslinger

Originally Posted By: legivens
Since the Marantz 6006 (I believe) is offered is this a sign we should look at other products? UGH!

>Perhaps as a Marantz dealer they need to carry x number of products to maintain status. Just a guess.<

#89619 - 02/29/12 02:57 PM Re: More Frequent Updates [Re: bobm]
Hank Offline
Desperado

Loc: Austin, Texas, USA
That too, Bob.

#89625 - 02/29/12 05:27 PM Re: More Frequent Updates [Re: Hank]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
I too, love my Outlaw equipment but I have moved on to other processors. I don't upgrade my equipment enough to care about the latest stuff out there. At this point though I really think PeterT is either not communicating because he wants to surprise the gang or it is bad news and he doesn't want to lose us. Either way, people are tired of waiting and want some news.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

#89639 - 03/02/12 11:24 AM Re: More Frequent Updates [Re: XenonMan]
legivens Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Euless, Texas, USA
Update please?!?!
Outlaw Model 7900
Outlaw Model 5000 (for the ceiling speakers)
Marantz AV7702 MK2
Oppo BDP-105D
Axiom M80's, GoldenEar Super XXL, GoldenEar Aon 3's (sides and rears), GoldenEar HTR 7000's (in-ceiling for Atmos/DTS:X)
Outlaw LFM1-Plus and EX
Directv HD DVR
2 HD Monster Power centers
PS3
Harmony One

#89640 - 03/02/12 12:16 PM Re: More Frequent Updates [Re: legivens]
casey01 Offline
Gunslinger

It is ironic to note that it is a year to the day we saw the picture of the forthcoming 978. I must admit it is very unusual that in almost three years two units were announced that eventually fell by the wayside and now a third which hasn't even approached the pre-order stage. I do love Outlaw products but given the amount of water that has traveled underneath that consumer electronics technology bridge, one has to really wonder.

#89642 - 03/02/12 05:19 PM Re: More Frequent Updates [Re: casey01]
Ritz2 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Virginia
Peter hasn't posted anything on any of the forums since the first week of January. Scott hasn't posted anything on any forums since early December except a note to explain how a previous 978 update got deleted (by accident) a couple of weeks ago. Not particularly confidence inspiring.

Best,

#89645 - 03/02/12 05:40 PM Re: More Frequent Updates [Re: casey01]
Cadboy64 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Near Cleveland, OH
It has been quite a while since I've posted here. I forgot my password and the account was linked to an old email account that no longer exists, so instead of "Cadboy" I am now as you see my new username.

Anyhow, I felt the need to post an opinion about this.

Outlaws, I understand the tight-lipped stance here. If nothing is said than there is no liability. Let the consumers theories run wild, then simply spring the big surprise on them when the unit is ready to ship. WHAM!! All is forgiven and everyone who has been waiting will now have their new toy.

Well, I also think such loyalty from your customers deserves a little respect. A small progress update every few months goes a long way. Not a comittal on a release date, but just a few words to all the loyal customers as to how things are going. Like, for example:"Hey guys, we are shooting for a target release in July, however, there are several technical issues we are working with our supplier to resolve, so this date is VERY tentative. We will post updates as the date draws closer."

Something like that at least aknowledges that there are consumers waiting for updates, and are basing buying decisions on this.

As an internet company with a public forum, it should be a priority to keep the public informed as much is reasonable without having to cast a date in stone. We are adults, we can handle it if things get delayed. Just keep us informed and remove all doubt.

I have been following the progress of some new speakers on another site. The owner frequently posts updates so those who are waiting to place orders have a clue as to how long it will be, and then can adapt as needed. Nobody is going to condemn you for supplying some real info.

Just my opinion Outlaws. I hope we hear something soon.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts