It seems that the difference between the Trinnov solution in the 997 and an Audyssey solution in some other processors would be Trinnov's ability to reposition versus the possible Dynamic EQ feature. So far, I'm led to believe that in my case Dynamic EQ would be of more value to me.

For starters, I don't really understand how Trinnov can reposition sound localization vertically. That implies to me attempting to create a frequency through adjustments to phase or amplitude at different frequencies, such that drivers located at the desired vertical position end up creating the desired frequency. But I imagine that might be attempting to use those drivers at their unintended frequencies. And something only possible at a sweet spot.

I am relatively satisfied with my current speaker placement, and do not need any horizontal adjustment. I could benefit from vertical adjustment but not sure how well that can work.

In comparison, I can see immediate benefits from Dynamic EQ during movies or music with large dynamic range. I imagine the result of using Dynamic EQ would be more significant than repositioning.