Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#80562 - 12/08/08 06:28 PM combo deal
E'pin Sen Ob Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
I am wondering if Outlaw will offer any combo specials that will tie their amps in with the purchase of a new 997. For instance say a 997/7700 deal that you could purchase. I need to upgrade the power side of things and might as well do it at the same time. I have been looking through the old threads on Outlaws amps trying to decide which amp to buy. I am leaning toward the 7125 but like the idea of a 7700 sitting in the rack even better. Any suggestions on which amp to go with is appreciated.

MY HOME THEATER PICTURES http://community.webshots.com/user/bonesnipe

#80563 - 12/08/08 07:04 PM Re: combo deal
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
It's hard to say anything definitive, but it seems safe to assume that they will retain the long-standing policy of combo pricing. That policy has generally involved a $100 discount on a 7075 or 7125 and a $200 discount on the 7500 and 7700.

#80564 - 12/08/08 08:20 PM Re: combo deal
ndskurfer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Bismarck, ND
Do you need the 200 vs 125 watts? I'm sure that there are quite a few on this forum that can provide some good advice, but I'm sure it will be dependent on some variables in your set up:

Key question -
What speakers do you have?

I own the 7500, but got it mainly on the more is better mentality for watts, now I wish I had the additional 2 channels (5 vs 7 channels).

#80565 - 12/09/08 05:01 AM Re: combo deal
E'pin Sen Ob Offline
Gunslinger

I hope you are right gonk and they do offer a combo option with the 997. I was just thinking that it would help ease the pain of having missed out on the black Friday sale. I heard about it oh... say 12 hours too late to be of any use to me. Anyway, I had to pass last time on the 990 due to the WAF... well I guess it would be more accurate to say the FAF or whatever. But that little obstacle has been eliminated. So there is nothing standing in the way this time around.

Good question ndskurfer. No I really don't need the extra power to drive my system. However, I have always been one to over build things and that tradition continues in my HT setup. I just like knowing I could if I really wanted to. You know what I mean. I am currently running a mixed bag of Paradigm speakers. My pics below are outdated and don't show the new stuff. The latest addition to the family was a pair studio 40's v4. I know they can handle the power of the 7700 so why not right. Least that is what I keep telling myself.

So let me ask you ndskrufer. Besides wishing you had the additional 2ch. is there anything else you wish you could change about your 7500? It is my understanding that the only difference between the 7500 and the 7700 is the additional 2ch. correct. How would you rate your experience with the 7500 on a scale of 1 too 10?

#80566 - 12/09/08 03:39 PM Re: combo deal
ndskurfer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Bismarck, ND
I don't think I would be a good one to ask as I don't have much to compare it too, so let me run comparisons to what I have owned -

I was running NAD separates (C162/C272). Just before I sold it I bought the 7500, so I ran the 7500 with the NAD C162 preamp. I thought the 7500 took control of the room more, and is likely much better for HT (at least for me). I probably would have stayed with the 272 if I didn't want to get back into surround/HT (mainly cause I thought it was very accurate and I didn't need the other 3 channels). The NAD also provided more power than I needed (rated at 140 watts), but I really did like the sound I got from it.

The other comparison I could give you is a H/K receiver (AVR225) that I bought 6 years ago - not even worth comparing.

Oh - I am driving Paradigm Studio 60's for your reference.

From a scale of 1 to 10 - I would rate the 7500 a 9, if not a 10 (please discount this rating as you see fit due to my limited comparisons).

#80567 - 12/09/08 09:52 PM Re: combo deal
E'pin Sen Ob Offline
Gunslinger

Thanks for the input ndsrurfer. My primary use for the amp would be HT so I am please to hear it does well in this category.

A rating of 9 or 10 is a pretty strong recommendation. I am really not to worried about making the purchase as I can return the amp within 30 days if it does not meet my satisfactions. I am thinking of going with the 7125 and giving it a try. If it doesn't workout I could then step up to the 7700.

Keep on enjoying those 60's and thanks again.

#80568 - 12/13/08 01:48 PM Re: combo deal
rubbersoul Offline
Desperado

Loc: folsom, pa.
Hello,
E'pin Sen Ob you have a nice setup. laugh I liked the way you shot the pics of your speakers. Love Paradigm. laugh I was liking them so much I was considering buying a set for my Home Theater. However I went for a totally different sound. You should update your pics with your new additions. It is like carrying pictures of your kids in your wallet.
Your slideside was impressive. cool I enjoy looking at other outlaws pictures of there HT. It is not only interesting but also it can give people ideas for updating or changing there current HT or ideas for a new one.
I currently own the 990/7700 smile and I am anxiously waiting for the arrival of the 997. cool Very pleased with the existing combo that I have. My reason for stepping up to the 997 is because of the Silicon Optix Reon chip laugh that scales all video up to 1080P.
The 990 does an excellent job with my Infocus 7205....but with the Silicon Optix Reon chip...WOW I am excited.
The 7205 is NOT 1080p. However reading and asking questions about its'capability with blu-ray it will do a great job with HD even in 1080i. laugh Also the projection of a good picture depends on a lot of things one of them being your a good processor...hence the 997 with the Silicon Optix Reon chip.
Just to throw in my two cents if you can afford to step-up to the 7700 go for it. The more power is not going to hurt you. If anything it can only help.
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Mitsubishi 6800 Projector
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Nakamichi cables Audio 8 cables
Air-Server
Mac-Mini
ROON

#80569 - 12/14/08 01:50 AM Re: combo deal
E'pin Sen Ob Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Just to throw in my two cents if you can afford to step-up to the 7700 go for it. The more power is not going to hurt you. If anything it can only help.
rubbersoul, I take it that you are happy with your 7700. I have been reading all the old threads on both the 7125 & the 7700. Both seem more than capable of doing the job at hand. I was thinking of giving the 7125 a go and seeing if it satisfied my needs. But, I know that if I do that then I will probably be happy as one could be and never know, (7700) , what could have been.

I already have the cash for the upgrades so that is not an issue. I just keep going back and forth between the two trying to make the money an issue. But having said that I already know how this is going to end as it always does. laugh laugh laugh

Yeah, I know I need to update the kids pics. To be honest I don't even live in that house anymore. I took those almost four years ago and they are badly dated. Thanks for looking just the same. I will probably wait till I have some new toys before changing them though. Hopefully something very big and very very heavy will be in need of photograhing. laugh

So where are your pics rubbersoul you should share too. Like you I enjoy looking at what others are doing as well. Let's see the family album. smile

Who's Online
0 registered (), 89 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts