I'm sure, considering the age of this move and its place in film history, many of you have seen Raging Bull; so I'll keep this review brief.

I last saw this movie many years ago on VHS. I found the DVD on sale months ago, and so with the wife out of town (she finds this move a bit too much), I finally pulled the cellophane off the case and watched it this week.

Enough time had elasped since my last viewing that it was like seeing it again for the first time. What a movie! There are a handful of films out there that rise to a level of perfection that they are utterly flawless: "The Godfather" (Parts 1 and 2), "Citizen Kane," "On the Waterfront" and "Chinatown," are a few that come to mind.

I'd have to say this is one of them. Everything about this movie is just spot-on. The camera angles, the casting, the script, the believability of the characters, and last, but not least, De Niro's perfomance as LaMotta. It is absolutely incredible!

If you've never seen this movie, you're really missing a masterpiece. If you haven't seen it in a while, take a look again and see how it compares to most of the ho-hum stuff Hollywood is cranking out today.

BTW, I love this board! Thanks Peter.

Best,

- VD
Squeezebox -> Behringer SRC2496 -> Musiland MD10 DAC
Sota Sapphire; Marantz 10B;
Video: Hitachi 42HDS52A; Oppo 971H
System Pics