Do any of you outlaws and gunslingers miss your home systems when you're out of town? Just got back from two weeks in FL and, weirdly enough, I was surprised by how much I actually didn't much think of mine. I'm listening to the White Stripes' White Blood Cells on vinyl right now, and though my setup clearly sounds better than any audio I heard during my break (actually, I'm even more sure of what a standout this RR 2150/NHT combo is), I didn't expect it to be so out-of-sight/out-of-mind—especially considering the amount of time and energy I've spent piecing it together the past year or so. Only mentioned "my system" once even, when my amazing basshead brother-in-law's subwoofer clearly needed an adjustment. I realize all this is probably just normal—and truth is, the wife and I could use a few more beachy-type getaways—but it was just something that popped into my head…

Also, just as an aside, in traversing FL in a rent-a-car the wife and I figured out that a couple of CDs I brought along really made for great driving music if anyone is looking for different, eclectic stuff. They worked for us anyway:

Miles Davis - In A Silent Way and Filles de Kilimanjaro
Burning Spear - Marcus Garvey
Various artists - Chess Blues Classics, 1957-67
Bob Marley - Exodus
Elmore James - Shake Your Moneymaker: The Best of the Fire Sessions
Latin Playboys - Latin Playboys
Amy Winehouse - Back To Black
Gil Evans - Out Of The Cool
Various artists - Red Hot + Riot