Soundhound I have heard you tout the superiority of tube gear sound for about two years so I decided to follow your wisdom and I built a stereo tube preamp using 12AU7 tubes. It has three sets of inputs and one set outputs so I can select multiple sources. I just finished it tonight and I did a little low volume listening and so far it sounds great.

My first question is how you have your preamp integrated with the 950? I am thinking of building a selector that would reside between the 950 and my 770. The selector would have two sets of inputs and a common output going to the 770. I would use an On-Off-On switch to select the desired input and pass it on to the 770. I would use the 2-channel output from the DVD player to supply the tube pre for stereo listening, and the selection switch would allow me to feed the 770 with either the 950 signal or the tube preamp signal. You had suggested in a previous post to someone that they could run the 950 through the tube preamp and then on to the main amp. Which of these two scenarios would you suggest or some other hook up scheme?

Question #2 any recommendations on a nice sounding 12AU7 tubes?

Thanks for any response and thanks for your never ending touting of the superiority of the tube, which continued to peak my interest until I decided to do something about it.