Hopefully this forum is the correct one for this post.

I needed additional HDMI inputs, and, planning for the future, i.e. in another room esp after TV goes all digital, I decided that the Monoprice.com 4 x2 Matrix Switcher would do the job for me.
It came today and was simple to set up. problem is that it didn't work.

So I called their tech support, after insuring that all sources, cables and TV inputs were working correctly (even though I knew they were I checked again). Sources were: Toshia A30, Samsung 1400, Sony DV955. TV is Sony SXRD 60 inch.

Tech explained that it may be an incompatability issue. He would run similar equipment thru another Matrix. I am to receive a RMA and send it back. I'll either be issued another Matrix or a credit.

Hopefully the Matrix will work. At under $90 plus shipping it's a steal. I'll post more later when I work thru it.

Any other suggestions for matrix like this or with more capacity will be greatly appreciated. For example I would run a HD Satellite dishnetwork receiver into one of the inputs when we go sat-HD.
Thanks in advance.
Millenium dts decoder;Digital Director
Players: Tascam CD01U/SonyCX455 x 3/DV955/BDP83
Old Sony 60" SXRD TV
Zone 2 (also liv-Room: listening to music while Mrs watches TV): Crown SL2 preamp/D40 Amp/Stax Headphones

My "Man-cave":
4 channel-only inline room. No TV (thank heaven)!!!
990/755/4-KEF 107s
Tascam CD01U/dts decoder/digital director
Alesis 16x4x2 mixer
Recorders Alesis HD24/ML9600/Crown CX844s/SonyDAT/Tascam DA38
Ham Radio Shack (KB1STH) ICOM/Yaesu/Drakes x 3