Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#9618 - 05/24/07 12:02 AM Build Me A System
auto_pilot Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Nor Cal
Okay...so I've been posting a lot of different questions...truth be told...I maybe wanting to switch my system around (just got it too)...I need in-ceiling rear surrounds, and I can have bookshelf/towers front speakers (not greater than 36inches) and center channel. I'm looking for balanced sound in the front...good for movies and rock music.

I already have a sub (LFM-2)...And I'm trying to stay around $1,000.

Tall order...I think...so let me know what you think...
KEF Q1,Q9c,Ci130
Outlaw LFM2

#9619 - 05/24/07 12:41 AM Re: Build Me A System
Laventura Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Montréal,PQ
you might want to look at these flush-mounted types... the specs are pretty cool...
I can't vouch for them...I only auditioned these with less low end...but part of a system...they sounded incredible... that driver array does wonders for surround...
and for the front you might gander this way ...
I saw and heard a pair of these here in Mtl they were asking 1150$ can.
I love the glass base...plus the piano gloss...
only a pair of binding posts...but who bi-amps these days ?
Outlaw 1070-Mirage M-290(main)+MCC(center)+Omnisat Micro(sides) nanosat(back)+ +PS12-90(sub)-Technics SL-5 turtable+Cambridge Audio 540P-HTPC - SamsungDTB-H260F HDTV tuner - Optoma HD 20 +100' Draper screen -lots of spaghetti and toys

#9620 - 05/24/07 05:40 AM Re: Build Me A System
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
First question that comes to mind: what speakers do you have (or plan to have) for the front speakers? That may help guide selection of in-ceiling rears.

#9621 - 05/24/07 03:16 PM Re: Build Me A System
auto_pilot Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Nor Cal
Laventura - thanks for the response...i actually auditioned the Mirage Omnistats...I liked how they filled the space with sound when it came to playing music...but when it came to movies...I found them a little too in-exact when it came to pinpoint effects??? Not sure I'm saying that right.

gonk - I'm currently have KEF iq1's in the front...and they play wonderfully in the mids and highs...but lacking in the bass...I've concluded that the iq1's don't have a lot of bass due to physics, and are made for the higher/mid tone ranges...When I play them in 2.1 mode...My sub does the bass work...but I would like a fuller sound from the front where I can get some mid-bass in the front??? This might be a matter of tweaking. BTW my sub is in the back of my room in a corner next to where I sit for listening area. I have it this way due to my 2 year olds penchant for toying with knobs and switches.
KEF Q1,Q9c,Ci130
Outlaw LFM2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts