Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#7928 - 12/02/03 08:36 PM Best speakers for extreme rock(metal,hardcore)
carlos perez Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: hemet ca usa
What are the best speakers for rock music?ie metal,hardcore or any other types of hard driving music. Deftech owners how would you rate your techs for this type of music? thanx.

#7929 - 12/02/03 11:15 PM Re: Best speakers for extreme rock(metal,hardcore)
Lasher Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Oak Ridge TN.
I hate to put any speaker company into a catagory. To say that this is a rock speaker or this is a Jazz speaker just does not seem fair to the company. However there are some companys who have build there reputation on doing certain types of music very well. I listen to alot of different types of music, from Jazz to very Heavy Death Metal. It sounds like you want speakers that can take really high volume and still maintain there composure. The best bang for the buck IMHO for rock music and the ability to play very loud would have to be JBL. My whole system is made up of JBL and they will rock the house There are alot of higher end speakers out there but I have heard nothing that can touch JBL for the money. The first thing you read in most reviews about JBL speakers is how impressed the reviewer was with there ability to play LOUD!! Hope this helps.

Lasher

#7930 - 12/02/03 11:24 PM Re: Best speakers for extreme rock(metal,hardcore)
carlos perez Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: hemet ca usa
Lasher, thanx I'll have to look into jbl, but besides playing loud will I hear crisp details in the music?I'm looking for an extra set of speakers for loud music(parties) that sound as good as some of the more refined hometheater speakers out there.thanx.

#7931 - 12/02/03 11:46 PM Re: Best speakers for extreme rock(metal,hardcore)
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Cerwin Vega, the original head banging speaker.

http://www.cerwinvega.com

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited December 02, 2003).]

#7932 - 12/03/03 01:15 AM Re: Best speakers for extreme rock(metal,hardcore)
Lasher Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Oak Ridge TN.
My JBL's are very detailed IMHO that's why I bought them I see that soundhound said CV's but if you look at what makes his studio shake you will see some HUGE JBL's at last count I think he had 4-18's.......lol I've heard alot of other speakers in the price range of mine and they all lost there detail when you really cranked them. JBL had some problems in the past and it really hurt there rep but if you look in alot of pro studio's and state of the art movie theaters and more often than not you'll see that JBL name. They can't all be wrong

Lasher

#7933 - 12/03/03 11:48 AM Re: Best speakers for extreme rock(metal,hardcore)
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
I suggested Cerwin Vega, but I wouldn't listen to them unless tied down and drugged! They do have the reputation as being brash and loud - not necessairly accurate or balanced. I was just suggesting something for maximum head-banging quotient, not necessarily quality of sound

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited December 03, 2003).]

#7934 - 12/03/03 02:10 PM Re: Best speakers for extreme rock(metal,hardcore)
RayBan Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Oak Lawn
I think your best bet is to take a few CDs that you like to a shop that sells speakers and audition them. I think any music will sound good thru a set of speakers that sound good to your ear...

#7935 - 01/08/04 02:25 PM Re: Best speakers for extreme rock(metal,hardcore)
rklein Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: griffin, ga, usa
I have had many different speakers over the years (Cerwin Vega, Pioneer, Klipsch, Polk Audio, and JBL) . Of all those speakers, I feel that the Klipsch speakers sound the best: clarity, imaging, and soundstage.

#7936 - 01/14/04 01:35 AM Re: Best speakers for extreme rock(metal,hardcore)
SpOoNmAn Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Independence, Ohio, USA!!
I'd rather have my manliness removed then have to listen too music thru Cerwins.

------------------
Play it LoUd!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/spoonmandts

Who's Online
0 registered (), 106 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts