#7614 - 05/30/03 10:06 AM Turkish's Sys
Turkish Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Tulsa, OK
My Humble offerings into the world of HT:

L/R DefTech BP2006TL
Center DefTech CLR2300
urrounds DefTech BP8B
Rear Surrounds Deftech BP2X (Not hooked up as of yet)
Future Sub (Something SVS haven't Decided Price Range)

Receiver Yamaha RX-V800 soon to be replaced by 950
Amplifier Outlaw Model 7100
Display Sony KV32FS200
DVD Yamaha DVD-S2300
Miscelaneous PS2 and GC

Hope I Didn't Forget Anything. If anyone has any suggestions on upgrades or my Future purchases feel free to comment.

#7615 - 05/30/03 08:10 PM Re: Turkish's Sys
SpOoNmAn Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Independence, Ohio, USA!!
Good to see another DefTech fan Oh and by the way, if you haven't heard the new BP7000's and 7001SC's, I beg you to go listen.

They kill what we have now. Mids and treble are sweeter sounding, and the new subs within the cabinet are amazing.

I am selling my CLR2000 to upgrade to the 3000, and moving my BP30's to rear surrounds and leaving my BPX's as side surrounds.

Get to your local dealer and listen to the new speakers, you'll be impressed

I'll post my theatre gear later

------------------
Play it LoUd!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/spoonmandts

#7616 - 06/02/03 07:20 AM Re: Turkish's Sys
Turkish Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Haven't seen the new series yet. My local dealer (the only on here) won't get them till they get rid of all there Bp2000tl's and the factory has enough to supply all the stores. Out of curiousity I see you have the Supercube have you heard the reference yet?

#7617 - 06/02/03 11:40 AM Re: Turkish's Sys
SpOoNmAn Offline
Gunslinger

Nope...not released yet as far as I know. But I'll call my dealers main store this week sometime to see if they got one in.

Honestly, I don't want or need more then what this SuperCube 1 does. I'll go listen to the Reference,but theres no way I'm buying it unless it is 1,000 times better then the one I have.

I go to Audio Craft and Audio Visions here in Ohio. About 3 months ago, they were all selling the 2000's and 3000's for half off to clear their inventory of them so they could get the new Series in the stores. It worked too, all the stores near me have the new SC's

*Update* The Reference SuperCubes are indeed on showroom floors in my area. I will go do some listening soon enough and will get back to you with impressions.

I think we are the only members here who like DefTech subs

------------------
Play it LoUd!!

[This message has been edited by SpOoNmAn (edited June 02, 2003).]

#7618 - 06/04/03 08:42 AM Re: Turkish's Sys
Turkish Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I know that on forums such as this one (less so though) and others deftech is revealed sp? or loathed. I'm trying to figure out why this is because for movies dollar for dollar i've found no better speaker. Music less so, but still better than most. Maybe because there bipolar.?.

Kinda curious what your impression of this is.

*update* oh by the way saw your system on audioreview (at least i think it was yours).
Lookin good hows the pioneer tv holdin up on you (used to work at bestbuy at that was our best tv and every salesmans favorite.)

[This message has been edited by Turkish (edited June 04, 2003).]

#7619 - 06/04/03 10:58 AM Re: Turkish's Sys
SpOoNmAn Offline
Gunslinger

Item #1..

Yes, I have noticed Definitive is loathed by most people and I don't understand. I think the problem is a lot of Deftech owners brag and say their speakers are the best, period. I believe this pisses people off to some extent and the trash talking ensues.

I have seen a lot of DefTech haters say they are no better then Bose speakers. Now that irritates me beyond belief

For movies, I totally agree with you. They are unmatched. For music, well, to my ears, they do wonders there as well. Some hate the non-direct sound, and they say it's not how music was meant to be heard. I say Poop to that! I think it sounds great!

Item #2.

Yes that's my system you saw, but an older pic. I didnt have the SuperCube in the pic but I'm not in the mood to move it around just so people can say "Whats that little cube?" The pic is also missing the Elite DV-45A player as far as I can remember.

The Pioneer rocks. Even non-Elite sets kick ass and I couldnt be happier They are/were far much better then anything in BestBuy, a reason why they sold so quick. Looks like consumers are catching on? I hope so. No offense to BestBuy salesman, but even they saw the difference, LOL.

I just removed my glare/protective screen and I wish I would have done it a year ago when I got the TV. It made a noticable improvement.

If I have time Saturday, I'll head to one of the AudioCrafts near me and attempt to review the Reference supercube. While I'm there, I'll listen to the new towers again C

------------------
Play it LoUd!!

#7620 - 06/04/03 11:59 AM Re: Turkish's Sys
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The bipolar sound seems to work for some people and not others (sort of like how some people really like the sound of British speakers like B&W, while others prefer Canadian speakers like Paradigm). Around here, at least, there are a number of DefTech fans and not really anybody I can recall who really dislike them. I've heard them, and while my ear preferred the Paradigms I will readily admit that they are good speakers.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#7621 - 06/04/03 12:31 PM Re: Turkish's Sys
SpOoNmAn Offline
Gunslinger

I almost got Paradigm Reference speakers, which I loved when auditioning. But then I heard the DefTech BP2000's and fell in love with the bipolar sound. That was 3 years ago, and I havent looked back since.

I had some expensive JBL SVA1800's before that but the horns in them just got too annoying for long listening sessions.

Like gonk said, everyone has their own sound they latch onto.

I will admit that there are some songs that when I listen to them, I wished I had direct radiators, but overall, I wouldnt change a thing speaker wise.

gonk, I agree. The hatred for DefTech doesnt really exist here. But even mention DefTech at some other places, and you'll get attacked by all the self proclaimed audio wizards within minutes

------------------
Play it LoUd!!

#7622 - 06/04/03 03:40 PM Re: Turkish's Sys
JkFruit Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Orange, CA
Quote:
I think we are the only members here who like DefTech subs

I've been using the DefTech PF15TL sub for few years now and quite happy with it. I don't plan to replace it anytime in the near future but reading SpOoNmAn's other posts make me want to audition the SuperCube...

#7623 - 06/04/03 06:17 PM Re: Turkish's Sys
SpOoNmAn Offline
Gunslinger

JkFruit...

If youre happy with the PF15, stick with it. I'm not saying you won't love any of the Supercubes, you would.

I like them because they are a lot more musical then my pf15. The supercube II with the tiny 8" woofers is amazing. It's $900.00 I believe, so if you wanted to try one out, try that first.

You might be laughing because it has small woofers, but they pack a punch indeed.

Let your ears be the judge as always

------------------
Play it LoUd!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,692 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM