Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#10076 - 10/12/09 12:10 PM Been in a rockin', virtual Memphis…
tru blu Offline
Desperado

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
…for something like two weeks now, listening to the '70s rock band Big Star. This may be sort of a random topic—inspired by our-man gonk's town—but if any of you Outlaws are into the group, I'd say spring for the new Rhino box set Keep An Eye On The Sky. I have their earliest records (#1 Record and Radio City), and I'm usually not an alternate/outtake kinda guy, but the unreleased stuff spread out over the first three of these four discs is somethin' else. The fourth disc is a live show from 1975. My RR2150 has been singing.

And what better description of adolescence than the theme song Big Star lent That '70s Show:

"Hangin' out/down the street/the same ol' thing/you did last week…"

I dunno, if any other Outlaw has some music they've been crazy about lately—enjoyment aided by Outlaw gear, of course—feel free to chime in about it.

#10077 - 10/12/09 01:25 PM Re: Been in a rockin', virtual Memphis…
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Well, speaking of Memphis musicians, I recently re-discovered Eric Gales and tracked down his debut album from the early 90's after somebody gave me a copy of his most recent album. Those two and the new Dave Matthews CD have been getting some listening time lately.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 133 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts