Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#9670 - 08/02/07 07:25 PM System is in a state of disarray...
RedSIinPA Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Outside Phila.
I'm kinda of lost right now. I just moved into a different house. I love the new house but there are some changes to my setups that require me to reconsider which equpiment I hook up to which receivers. Instead of looking back, here's my equipment:

Main Viewing Room -

50" PRO-1150HD Pioneer Plasma (720p)

Receivers:

Outlaw 1070 (currently back at Outlaw for repair, see Firmware implosion in Model 1070 forum)

Yamaha RX-V750

Speakers:

*Atlantic Technology 2200 Series speakers (5 channel, rear 2 are the dipoles. Enthusiasts/helpful people can see specs here:

http://www.atlantictechnology.com/Upload/PDFs/reviews/current/2200review_svg.pdf

*B&W, 4 SNTs, 1 CNT

*RBH, 2 CT-5's

*Bose, 4 Acoustimass 'double-cubes', 1 VCS-10

*Subs, 2 12's - 1 B&W ASW650, 1 Earthquake Supernova 12

Basically I have two decent 5-channel home theater speaker setups. I have 2 extra RBH satellites that I will probably sell off because 7 channel isn't really in the cards anymore. The main viewing room is 20x14 (9 ft ceilings). I have about 15 ft from my receiver to front sound equpiment.

The AT 2200 setup was really made for a smaller room. They CAN be wall mounted but can also sit on stands. My B&Ws are growing increasingly difficult to place. The satellites have to be wall mounted, the center channel is so tall that it either has to go on a shelf too far above the plasma, or I need a new entertainment center. Neither situation is ideal. I'd prefer center channel that's more low-profile that can sit on my TV unit in front of the plasma without blocking the view.

Additionally I have a 5 channel Bose Acoustimass w/ VCS-10. (I got this for free.)

Current Considerations:

Sell 5 B&W speakers, the 2 front atlantic techs and center, for around $2500 (total guess as to what I'd get) and buy a new pair of front floor speakers and a new center chanel. Mate those with the Atlantic Tech Bipole/Dipoles.

Then use my Yamaha receiver with the Acoustimass as my gaming room setup. The gaming room is setup in a spare bedroom (15x15) that has a sectional and my 36" Sony HD XBR tube tv.

My main problem is I think I could really use (more than before when I was tossing it around) a pair of floor speakers given the size of the main viewing room. I don't think my little Atlantics are big enough for this room. I've been experimenting with 3 channel before I start running cable. I'm happy, but I'm not thrilled. I am thinking though that I should try the Outlaw 1070 with them before giving up on them. Any thoughts specifically on the mating of the 1070 to the ATech2200's? Do you think the 1070 will bring the necessary life to these smaller speakers to fill my 20x14 space with "excellent" sound?

FINALLY -

I haven't had my Pioneer for long. I'm thinking of a new DVD player for it - either a good standard DVD player or an upconverting one. Does anyone think a good upconverting DVD player will supercede the PRO-1150's capabilities of upconverting to 720p?
Elite 50" / Aquos 32"
Squeezebox Radio

Stereo Setup:
NAD C326BEE (50Wx2)
Elite DV-47Ai Universal SACD/DVD-A
Citypulse DA7.2x II + TXCO DAC
B&W 685s
JL Fathom F112
Denon AH-D2000 Headphones

#9671 - 08/03/07 03:22 PM Re: System is in a state of disarray...
RedSIinPA Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Outside Phila.
apparently my message hasn't garnered a lot of attention. Probably due to length and overall disorganization of my message. It's pretty indicative of my state of mind. Sorry of it caused any short outs.

I have decided to sell my 5 B&W monitors via Audiogon (trying for 2000.00) or locally here at work. Wish me luck!
Elite 50" / Aquos 32"
Squeezebox Radio

Stereo Setup:
NAD C326BEE (50Wx2)
Elite DV-47Ai Universal SACD/DVD-A
Citypulse DA7.2x II + TXCO DAC
B&W 685s
JL Fathom F112
Denon AH-D2000 Headphones

Who's Online
0 registered (), 128 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts