Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#8560 - 12/18/04 05:04 PM Audio or Video?
QQKLTB Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Maryland
Just for curiosity, High quality audio with average Video or Vice Versa what would you prefer?

#8561 - 12/18/04 05:35 PM Re: Audio or Video?
Eddie Horton Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Birmingham, Alabama
If I couldn't have top notch quality in both, I would go for top notch audio.

#8562 - 12/18/04 05:43 PM Re: Audio or Video?
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
definitely audio for me

#8563 - 12/18/04 06:46 PM Re: Audio or Video?
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
Audio. My eyes are better than my ears and it's so much more difficult for me to understand what's being said than what I'm seeing. I get frustrated when I can't follow along. That's really what I have right now. Ok video with pretty darn good audio.

#8564 - 12/18/04 09:26 PM Re: Audio or Video?
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
i think there is a bigger difference between audio qualities than there is with video qualities. i quickly notice when a soundtrack/effects are awesome, but am not as quick to saw wow about the video quality. having said that, if i had to pick poor audio or poor video, id rather have poor audio. but to answer your question, id rather have average video and high quality audio than vice versa. i am disappointed when a dvd isnt dts...

my taste is evident in the movies that i make because i will compress the video signal to squeeze in the better audio (i.e. 2channel, dolby digital for dts)...

#8565 - 12/18/04 10:50 PM Re: Audio or Video?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I'm another who would go for audio, partly because I got into the home theater hobby from a purely audio system.

#8566 - 12/18/04 11:36 PM Re: Audio or Video?
Inertia4u Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Wichita, KS, USA (Near Incogni...
Definitely Audio, even though I take my video seriously, to me, terrible sound performance can ruin everything!

#8567 - 12/19/04 01:21 AM Re: Audio or Video?
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
same as you gonk,lot's of stereo over the years.
now i enjoy both,with really half-ass video(27" jvc), i just got to upgrade to s-vid!much better than regular(composite),really couldn't believe the difference and i'm told all the stories about dvi and component,but once again AUDIO, maybe one day i'll grow up and do the big screen but until then,i'm jammin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(i do own mostly music dvd's,some do some don't,sound good in dolby digital but that is cured with a push of the button)

BTW i have 2 dvds that come up on my 1050 as dolby digital and pro-logic(both) on the display.
even in 2-channel the icons come up,my ALICE.....UNPLUGGED allows setup on the dvd menu although my GNR does not. i can set the alice to pcm and still have the 1050 come up as digital. strange.i have tried little things such as turn on the rear center even though it's not there yet.also tried(GNR) to run the optical to my CAL SIGMA II through my monarchy DIP but it will not decode it(nasty sound,not even music)but i figure this to be the age of the CAL.that GNR is a bit harsh even with surrounds off.anybody with a clue or easy(low $$$$$) fix?

#8568 - 12/20/04 10:34 AM Re: Audio or Video?
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally posted by Inertia4u:
Definitely Audio, even though I take my video seriously, to me, terrible sound performance can ruin everything!
I do not remember the source name but do remember reading about human’s audibility versus vision. It says we are much more sensitive to sound distortion and get bothered by it than visual distortion such as a crooked line on the billboard or uneven joint width on the wall.

#8569 - 12/28/04 07:08 PM Re: Audio or Video?
The Spatula Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Southern California
AUDIO!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 156 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts