Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#7391 - 03/19/03 02:07 PM Center Speaker
stabie Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Austin, TX US
Well, I have finally cobbled together my DIY center after some serious effort. As a result I now have a B&W HTM2 available if anyone is interested. I'll sell it to anyone from here for 600 + S&H. This'll save me the hassle of EBay, which I'd expect to get closer to 700 on. It is in excellent cond. with no dings/scratches. If anyone is interested, I can probably get some images with a friend camera. Send me email at stabie@stabie-soft.com if interested. I'm planning to wait about a month, then it goes on the auction block.

As to my DIY, wow. Finally, I have a center with a little more low end. I ended up using a Focal TC120TD5, Focal 5W4252 & a Scan Speak 18S/8535. The mid/tweet are driven by a 7100 and the woofer is driven by a 755. The xover is the Behringer 3400. It's a wiring nightmare, but the little bit I've run thru it so far says its a winner. No compression, even when very loud. I moved the 950 Xover down to 60Hz, and have even tried 40. I think I liked 60 a little better, but more experimentation is in order. I still have to finish the cabinets for the L/R, but I can't wait... Kudo's to Outlaw for making this sort of arrangement financially possible.

#7392 - 03/27/03 11:22 AM Re: Center Speaker
stabie Offline
Gunslinger

I have posted some pictures of the speaker at http://www.stabie-soft.com/bw.html They are in very good condition and in black ash. I gotta say, the B&W is a cool looking speaker with the rounded back and tweeter module. Pity I can't make one that pretty! It is shielded, so it be used with pretty much any TV.

[This message has been edited by stabie (edited March 27, 2003).]

#7393 - 04/13/03 12:13 PM Re: Center Speaker
stabie Offline
Gunslinger

I have finally completed my HT. (well for a while anyway) A multi-month effort to get the L/C/R all put together with all the trimmings. The Tri-amp'ed front is just awesome. I set all front crossovers to 60Hz. The front speakers can go that low, so it should help with localization of mid-bass. The velodyne HGS-18 in the system handles the really low stuff for all channels. The rest the details and some pics can be found at http://www.stabie-soft.com/ht.html

[This message has been edited by stabie (edited April 13, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by stabie (edited April 13, 2003).]

Who's Online
0 registered (), 166 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts