Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#78518 - 07/01/06 01:12 PM Opinions of Plus owners??
B-rad Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Des Moines Iowa
Just ordered the Plus/SMS combo and while waiting for them to arrive, I was wanting some opinions from current Plus owners. Any and all info would be appreciated. Thanks.

#78519 - 07/01/06 02:45 PM Re: Opinions of Plus owners??
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I hope to have some feedback in the next couple weeks from a co-worker who purchased the same combo, but you'll be able to have first-hand information by then - he placed his order late Thursday.

#78520 - 07/01/06 03:58 PM Re: Opinions of Plus owners??
B-rad Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Hey thanks for commenting Gonk. I have been watching the boards for some weeks now and noticed you post quite often!! A little background on myself: Just getting into this crazy world of home theater. Started with a simple t.v upgrade and has progressed very quickly. With considerable expense!!!! This is my first sub purchase. Took over a month to decide. I knew I wanted either the R-Des or SMS and when I seen the combo..I jumped. My choices were SVS, Rocket and Outlaw. You already know who I went with. Current system is as follows:
Sanyo PLV-Z4 w/ 106" Electric Screen
NAD T773
Oppo DVD
Rocket 850 sigs, bigfoot, 2 pair RSS300's
And here this week...LFM1 Plus and SMS1

#78521 - 07/01/06 05:19 PM Re: Opinions of Plus owners??
gonk Offline
Desperado

I think you've made a good choice, based on my experience with the LFM-1 and the SMS-1. Outlaw's guide for the SMS-1 is a great resource for somebody looking at the SMS-1 (and to some degree any sub EQ system, including R-DES). If you haven't done so already, download the PDF and read through it - it'll be a big help when you start setting things up.

#78522 - 07/01/06 07:58 PM Re: Opinions of Plus owners??
B-rad Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Being a current LFM-1 owner for some time, what are your thoughts. Likes, dislikes, etc.

#78523 - 07/01/06 09:08 PM Re: Opinions of Plus owners??
gonk Offline
Desperado

I've got a fairly detailed summary of my thoughts on the LFM-1 in my review . It's been a very good sub as far as blending with my Paradigms (providing all the bass I need without being obvious about being a subwoofer). My wife likes the looks a good bit more than the SVS cylinder we had previously, and the persian cat likes the step up onto the entertainment center that it provides. smile

#78524 - 07/02/06 05:04 PM Re: Opinions of Plus owners??
MH6 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: TN
Howdy,
I just got my LFM-1 PLUS last week, let me say that Scott, Steve and the rest of the gang there at Outlaw stand behind thier product 100%
I recieved mine and it had some cosmetic issue's ...Plexiglass top had "chiped edges". I called and talked to Scott on the issue and they were on it from that moment forward. Execellent customer service smile

I have had it now for a couple of days, we discussed it and wanted to make sure I was going to be 100% satisfied with the Sub before proceeding with the swap out.

After reading many many reviews it was down between the LFM-1 P and the SVS PB12-NSD. All the articles I have read stated that it was more musical than the SVS, we enjoy listening to music and have several SACD's and DVDA's. We also love the movies and wanted something that was going to put the "WAM" in things and complete my sytem that I have been building now for 2 years.

Well let me tell ya, I have a terrible room for home theater...cathedral ceiling to the upstairs and several open rooms off the living room..approx 4100-4300 ft. The LFM-1 P is impressive.... I have it on 3 sub volume and after DVE calibration thru the 2900, my Denon 3805 is at -4.0 db(giving a 85 db level with Radio shack digital meter) and this thing will put the wam to it !!! I played Darla fro NEMO....man you would think I have bass shakers on my couch !!! My wife said "holly cow" .....U571...man lookout here....and MASTER AND COMMANDER ......well watch out on this one because you will hurt yourself if not careful !!!! I still have calibration work to do on things but I have to say the sub is very nice, and dont really think its even breaking a sweat thus far.

We have also listen to several musical peices and it is very tight bass and does not bring attention to it self at all. We just put down new Laminate flooring so I have to do some re-adjustments on the 3805 for the rest of speaker system.....little to bright at the moment, but the sub can really rattle things here. Now I dont listen to things at real high volumes but we do like to get the effect of things but man I would think you could do damage to home and self if you were to really start laying down !!

Anyway just wanted to pass along my views thus far on the LFM-1P.

We also like how it looks.....very cool, gets dusty qiuck but just take a microfiber cloth and wipe the top off and good to go.

I will let ya'll know how things are going the next couple of weeks with it.

#78525 - 07/02/06 05:25 PM Re: Opinions of Plus owners??
B-rad Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Thanks for your input. Hopefeully I will get mine by Thurs. Once set-up I will be posting my opinions as well. Anyone else have experience with the plus?

#78526 - 07/07/06 06:44 PM Re: Opinions of Plus owners??
sfrog Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

My plus arrived last week while I was in Germany, along with the SMS-1 (I also got the package) and the 990. Could not wait to get back home to hook things up. So far I have replaced my 950 with the 990 and my old sub with the LFM-1+. Did the self calibration with the 990, and that is all I have had time to do so far.

In terms of the performance of the plus, I am indeed impressed so far. My old sub did not match well with my Thiels for music. So far I'd say the plus is quite musical. I've given it a workout this week as time allowed with a range of music, from hard core metal to large orchestras to jazz, and many things in between. It is fast, tight, musical, and does not draw undue attention to itself. And it seems almost "bottomless" in terms the how low it can go.

I still need to do some tweaking. I'll engage the SMS-1 this weekend. So I am confident the performance will even get better. Gonk is quite right. Outlaw's guide for the SMS-1 is worth the time to read.

Hoping to test with some of my favorite movie sound tracks this weekend too.
Roku Soundbridge M2000/M1000(x2)
Denon DVD-2910
Mitsubishi WS-65869
Tice Powerblock III

#78527 - 07/09/06 10:41 PM Re: Opinions of Plus owners??
billyTHEkid Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: PAP Haiti
what does the sms-1 do?

I purchased the lmf1plus sub. I don 't understand what the sms1 is used for? is it constant usage? as far as the lmf1+ i find it an excelent sub. It makes my windows raddle. Now I have to find a fix for that. the responce is excelent. I dont think you can find a better sub for that price. Just like any quality sub though, 1 can fill me room; well let me say, OVER fill my room, but 2 would be better just to get the bass spread out more evenly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 118 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts