I spent a ridiculous amount of time researching and reading forums from every site imaginable before ordering my 7500 last week. I was almost ready to order an Emotiva XPA3 or XPA5 but I couldn't ignore repeated posts of some people having to send their units back for repair. Negative comments about the Outlaw amps seemed few and far between. Yes the Outlaw was more expensive but I feel I made the right choice by going with the 7500. I replaced three 15 year old Carver amps with this one multi-channel unit. I actually had more (advertised) power across the front three channels at 250x3 with the Carvers but I quickly found out that not all power is created equal. When I finally got the 80lb beast in it resting place and hooked up to my Outlaw 990 what I heard in two channel analog from a CD was shocking to me. It was like I had replaced my speakers (Definitive Tech BP2002 fronts) in addition to the amp. I had always heard that the Carvers had a smooth or warm sound. I'm not sure who thinks a drum stick hitting a snare drum should sound warm. It should sound like a hard crack and make you jump. How about standing beside someone playing an acoustic guitar? I wouldn't call it warm, it should sound real! For the first time my speakers sound real. Movies sound like it did long ago when we all went from VHS to DVD. Effortless power, fast transients, clean, and built like a tank. I’m not sure what else someone could want. The problems that some people were having of a hum didn’t happen to me. This may be due to the twin 20amp dedicated circuits I have feeding my system.
Marantz CC4300
Sony TA-N55ES (zone 2)
Definitive Tech. BP2002
Definitive Tech. CLR 2002
Definitive Tech. BPX
SVS PC13 Ultra