Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#99316 - 11/15/22 08:02 PM 7500 may have died
Jeff in FL Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Panama City Beach, FL
Just a couple of days ago, after years of good operation, and one warranty repair for noisy channels (which are back, BTW, but only hear it with no source playing or is at a very low level), the amp just won't come on. I disconnected all the outputs in case there was a short in the speaker wiring or the speakers themselves. I use Sewell spades on both ends, so there are no loose strands. It's got to be the amp itself. It is well out of warranty now. I don't mind opening up the amp and taking a look. I am a EE with a small amount of technician work done (I actually repaired my own computer monitor without a schemtaic... just a YouTube video, and it did involve de-soldering and soldering).

Looking for some advice from the Outlaw reps. Maybe it's something as simple as a damaged logic circuit, or the thing that allows the switch to operate. I'm confident it is not worth paying for shipping in both directions and then the cost of the repair itself. But I can be handy with some guidance.

#99317 - 11/21/22 12:54 PM Re: 7500 may have died [Re: Jeff in FL]
Jeff in FL Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Panama City Beach, FL
Problem solved. It is not a dead amp, but maybe a dead trigger feature. Thanks to Outlaw Support for getting me thinking and checking things out.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts