Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#86817 - 04/19/11 10:22 PM All I can say is.....
Sirquack Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Iowa
WoW!!

Well the 7700 arrived today! I had Outlaw mark the order "Hold for Pick Up", but FedEx still had it out for delivery today. I called the local terminal and they contacted the driver that I would pick it up on my way home, so all worked out fine. They said had Outlaw place this instruction in the shipping section, versus the PO# section, they would have not tried to deliver. It all worked out in the end...

Since I am remodeling my Home Theater room downstairs, it will be a few weeks before I can test the amp with my larger Axiom setup. However, right now I have it hooked up to my upstairs setup using Axiom M22v3 bookshelfs and VP100v3 center. I don't have surrounds up there right now, so just 3.1 system with an Axiom EP350v3 sub. I am using my older Denon 2805 as a pre right now.

I am VERY impressed with the build quality of this amp. As a former owner of an Emotiva MPS-1 7 channel amp, and Odyssey Khartago Extreme mono's, the 7700 far exceeds the Emo, and similar in qualty to the Odyssey mono's. This baaaaby is one heavy mother.

All my concerns from listening to people talk about hum and buzzing have been put to rest for now, and hopefully will be the same once I have it hooked up to my main theater setup. The amp is dead quiet, and the only buzz I can hear is a very faint "transformer" type buzz when I put my ear about an inch from the top.

Tonight I listened to Mark Knopfler's "Sailing to Philadelphia" and it sounded absolutely wonderful, the detail was jaw dropping. Then I had to great some things up with some Rush Moving Pictures, oh yeah that is what I'm talking about.

Anyway, just wanted to drop by and say that I am very happy so far, and wish I would have given Outlaw a chance back when I had all my problems with the Emo not being able to drive Axiom M80's without shutting down, at not insane volumes...

Cheers!

Randy
130" DIY Screen
Panny BluRay

My Homepage

#86820 - 04/20/11 06:59 AM Re: All I can say is..... [Re: Sirquack]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Glad to hear that it's working well for you!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 128 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM