Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#75427 - 06/22/06 07:43 PM DVi to component
Harley Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I am temporarily trying to run DVI-out of my OPPO DVD to DVI-in on the 970, DVi-out of my Dish 811 to DVI-in on the 970. then Component (monitor out) on 970 to either HD component or regular component on RPTV. I say temporary because once drops are made this weekend I will switch over to Sanyo Z4 projector HDMI-in to DVI-out on 970.

I currently have the config set on DVD - audio DVI, video component.
video 2 Audio DVI Video component.

No picture with either Component hook up on RPTV. Thats not true I do get the OSD display for a few seconds just no DVD, or Dish signal. ( audio is working fine!) I previously had component out direct from player to RPTV, and component direct from Dish 811 to HD component on RPTV.

Some help would be apprecited. Am I asking the impossible

#75428 - 06/22/06 09:01 PM Re: DVi to component
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
DVI to component isn't an option. The next generation of receivers and processors will likely offer component to DVI/HDMI transcoding (that particular bit of tech is starting to come together), but there are copy protection issues with DVI to component that makes Hollywood get all twitchy and grumpy - it could be done (although it would add to the cost), but Outlaw would get some rather irritable phone calls from various MPAA lawyers.

#75429 - 06/24/06 04:23 PM Re: DVi to component
Harley Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

So if I understand this correctly. There is no law against going from Component to DVI, just DVI to Component.
So I should be able to use the component video 3 input from my xbox to the 970, then dvi out to the Projector! Now I already have DVI in's from DVD & Dish 811, will the pre amp even switch over to video in 3 on component?

#75430 - 06/24/06 04:42 PM Re: DVi to component
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Sorry, I wasn't clear about what the 970 can do. There's no law against it, but so far very few components have included transcoding from component to DVI - so you are allowed to as far as Hollywood is concerned, but the technology to do it at a reasonable price without degrading picture quality isn't quite here yet. The 970's DVI switching is completely independent from the rest of its video switching. You'll need to switch your display between DVI and component inputs. Sorry about that...

Who's Online
0 registered (), 95 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts