Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#75666 - 10/12/06 10:15 PM Audio mode incorrect
ralittle2 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Atlanta, GA
I've got an odd situation, or I've overlooked something obvious. Tonight I sat down to watch a movie on DVD. The DVD is set up as optical 1 for audio and HDMI as video (straight to TV). I also have a set of component cables from the DVD player to the 970 for menu on the TV.

However, I plugged in the movie and noticed that it showed analog for audio. Hmm, so I went into setup and set it to optical. I believe it had changed, but not 100% sure. So I go back to watching the movie, but the 970 still shows analog.

I went back into the menu and verified that it was set to optical. Back to movie, but still the front display shows analog.

What gives?

Thx,

#75667 - 10/12/06 10:34 PM Re: Audio mode incorrect
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
This is odd. I've got three somewhat unrelated questions.

Did you have any sound? (And if so, do you have any analog audio cables connected?)

What processing mode was indicated? (Dolby Digital or DTS would be impossible with an analog signal.)

Is it possible that the 7.1 Direct input got selected? (I ask because 7.1 D is linked to DVD because of the shared left and right analog inputs, although I don't know what the front panel does when in that mode - so this could be a useless line of reasoning...)

#75668 - 10/13/06 11:16 AM Re: Audio mode incorrect
ralittle2 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Hey Gonk,

1) Yes, I have sound and watched the movie.

2) I can't recall. I wasn't sure that I wasn't getting DD and just an incorrect display on the FP.

3) Nope, I switched back and forth on that hoping that I would have three choices.

**** STUPIDITY UPDATE****

Somehow I had changed the input configuration from what it had been previously set at. So I had forgotten that DVD is NOT Optical 1 - it is optical #2. Since both the DVD and the HD Dish receiver were optical 1, the 970 defaulted to analog for the DVD player. Makes sense.

Sorry for the dumb post.

All systems back to normal.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 96 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts