as i posted elsewhere,i recently smoked my monitor audio asw-210 sub amp.rated at 200w@4 ohms,2 10's paralleled(1 down,1 forward).
the drivers are kinda impressive,the amp and box are not.i can buy an amp from monitor that will drop right in with less power,or one with more power but cut up the rear to fit it.or buy an aftermarket amp(open to suggestions here) and fit it.i do have the sub powered right now with 100 watts per driver and it pounds like never before leading me to believe I WANT MORE POWER!

the question is with the box.it is 3/4 MDF all around with no braces at all.2 3" ports 'bout 9" long.a couple pieces of foam thrown in also.

now, i have to cut the box anyway and i plan on refinishing it(i know somebody that can lay down a killer black laquer on it cool ).would i be better off building a heavily braced 1" thick mdf,with the same internal volume?or do you think this sub was designed with cabinet resonance in mind?it does appear to be mass produced and i am not impressed.

box building is nothing new to me so that is not an issue,if it were up to me i'd build 2 boxes and run stereo subs,but there are no numbers or markings on the drivers(not even polarity,i checked that with a battery) so i can get no t/s measurements.(i really do like the gold colored subs)

that's my dilemma,build the balls-up cabinet or use the same one.
another issue is the b&w 601's for my mains,they don't go real low so they stay x-overed at 80hz.
i am on a VERY tight budget so i have to keep this reasonable.(MDF,glue,screws,woodworking tools,my labor are all free)

joe