About this time next year I'll be selling my Pioneer SD-533HD5 to a friend and I am thinking about taking the leap into the world of front projectors.

For one thing, they seem to be advancing very well, and their prices are dropping a little too. For another, it'll be a hell of a lot easier to move around then the Pioneer Elite I want

I just read about the New Runco line that has the DLP2 chips and wondered if anyone in here has any current DLP projectors. If so, how do you like them? Pros and cons?

Also, when the time comes, which is still a ways off, I'll need opinions as far as what screen to get and so on. I know I'll be bothering Soundhound as always, but I'm always open to others advice and opinions. Thanks!

*Note* I have read so many damn reviews on projector differences, as far as "DLP versus CRT" goes..but I still cannot decide which will suit me more. Some light being shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

*UPDATE* I just read that DLP's are limited to a single resolution..very interesting. Sounds like CRT is much much more versatile at this point.
------------------
Play it LoUd!!

[This message has been edited by SpOoNmAn (edited July 07, 2003).]

http://community.webshots.com/user/spoonmandts