I have been reading one of the other forums dealing with bi-wiring and there seems to be a healthy difference of opinion about the merits of doing this.

I recently purchased some Paradigm Monitor 5's to use as front L/R's, very nice sounding speakers and a great value indeed. they can be b-wired, while my old speakers could not.

The front mains are currently connected directly to the 1050, set to small, and crossed at 60 Hz. The sub is connected to the LFE channel only, but also has speaker level inputs and outputs.

My thought is to bi-wire with the low frequency signal sent through the speaker level in/out of the subwoofer and then to the Paradigms. Now telling the 1050 that the front speakers are 'large' will let the sub's crossover handle the Paradigms at whatever point proves to work best, while I can then change the crossover frequency on the 1050 to something more suitable for the rear and center surrounds (which are not totally happy with the 60 Hz crossover that best suited the fronts).

One concern is whether the main benefit of bi-wiring, i.e. a cleaner signal and better response, will be negated by sending this signal through another crossover network before it gets to the crossover in the Paradigms. I think that I will just have to try it out and see what the results are but I am looking for any thoughts or insights others could offer before I give it a shot.

I am sure that ultimately the quality of the crossover in the sub will affect the quality of the signal that the woofers in the Paradigms end up receiving. The sub is home built using an Adire Audio driver (Shiva) and amp (AVA-250).

Thanks.

Curtis