Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#5876 - 08/09/05 01:54 AM Humming noise from speakers
justhavingfun Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lansing, KS
From reading some of the tips that were posted here about humming noise from speakers due to ground loop issue, I was able to finally figure it out its coming from coaxial cable outlet from the wall. I was about to order "ground breaker" from Xantech? through the internet which is $7.45 a piece but they charge over $15.00 for shipping to Hawaii. And some forum member were suggesting you can do the same trick using highend Monster power conditional such as HTS400 and/or HTS850. Does anybody know for sure that humming noise coming from cable coaxial line can be eliminated using Monster HTS400/HTS850? I am currently using the old Adcom AC Enhancer 515 for my HT system along with some inexpensive power strips that you can buy from Home Depot. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. I didn't have this problem when I was living at Texas but now my family relocated to Hawaii and this constant humming noise from the speakers are very annoying. But the noise stops when HT is powered down or unhook the cable line from the wall outlet when HT is powered up.

#5877 - 08/09/05 06:51 AM Re: Humming noise from speakers
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
hey,i was gonna provide you with some links,but, a search of the site turned up 71 matches for ground loop!

just use the search feature at the top of the page and see what you come up with.

#5878 - 08/09/05 10:29 AM Re: Humming noise from speakers
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Have you checked with Parts Express to see what shipping is on the Dayton unit?

#5879 - 08/09/05 02:30 PM Re: Humming noise from speakers
justhavingfun Offline
Gunslinger

Thanks gonk. As usual you always find a way to help others with your knowledge. Parts Express is charging $8.04 to shipping to Hawaii. It is lot better than over $15.00 the other company was charging. I think I understand little better how our Canadian friends feels when they order from down neighbor.

#5880 - 08/09/05 10:46 PM Re: Humming noise from speakers
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
Do any of the power conditioners (such as this one ) do the same thing? I'm not dead-set on that one, I just threw it up for an example.

I have a problem similar to the original poster's, but thought it would be more effective to get something better to plug everything into at the same time. I've been meaning to upgrade from the cheap things I'm using now anyway, so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone.

#5881 - 08/10/05 10:52 AM Re: Humming noise from speakers
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
that thing would probably help, but i have seen some surge protectors like that with coaxial inputs be more harm than good for picture quality and ground loop.

#5882 - 08/10/05 02:01 PM Re: Humming noise from speakers
justhavingfun Offline
Gunslinger

JT, just out of curiosity, I purchased similar product (although it wasn't Tripplite model but cost around $60.00)with coaxial input and output to solve the problem with mine. It didn't work on my case and I wasn't sure whether it helped on the picture quality either.

#5883 - 08/16/05 03:51 AM Re: Humming noise from speakers
justhavingfun Offline
Gunslinger

I want to thank gonk again for his effort to help others in this forum including myself. I just received the Dayton "ground breaker" from Parts Express and that little hookup completely eliminated the humming noise from all my speakers. Anyone having same humming noise coming from speakers including powered subwoofer due to cable hookup, give this Dayton unit a try, it worked for me.

#5884 - 08/16/05 07:22 AM Re: Humming noise from speakers
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Excellent - glad to hear you beat the ground loop, justhavingfun.

#5885 - 08/18/05 10:21 PM Re: Humming noise from speakers
jefny Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Manhasset, NY, USA
I had a similar problem with my 950/770 setup (ground loop hum). It appeared that the problem came from the coaxial cable from cable TV (they did not properly ground the system). At another website I discovered if you use a common coaxial converter from 75 to 300 and back to 75 (mh I think) the hum disappears and it worked. I happened to have these converters (it was used to change a 2 line cable to a round coaxial cable-for example an antenna output that was two line to attach to your TV). These items are a few bucks at radio shack.

John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts