Hello everyone. This is my first post (duplicate on the 1050 forum), and you're going to have to forgive my nomenclature as I don't know all the perfect home theater jargon... yet! I have a 1050, and I've been having a sound dropping out problem that is not related to the known issue with the 6.1 feature on this system. Basically, its as follows: After the system has been on for some time, you'll hear a crisp "chip" sound from the speakers and at the same time the speakers will go dead. Occasionally after about ten seconds they will come back on themselves, but normally I have to either switch the input mode or turn the system off and on. This works for a minute or two, but then they go dead again. It happens in every input mode, from sat to DVD. Recently when this happened, I switched the surround mode instead of turning the system off, and the sound came back but was very garbled and full of static. I have the system very well ventilated and right now I only have two front speakers hooked up. They're both rated 8 ohm and the deck is set to 8 ohm impedence. I made sure no speaker wires were touching. I unhooked everything and just ran my DVD player through with analog connections, but still after about an hour the same problem occurred. I did run this by Outlaw and they've made many suggestions, but I thought I might run this by the group and see if someone out there by chance has had a similar problem with an Outlaw OR any other deck, and if its something basic I'm not doing right.
Thank you, James

[This message has been edited by jhowardfox (edited December 16, 2003).]