Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#5487 - 08/13/03 10:58 PM How to save those High Dollar Remotes!!!
Lasher Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Oak Ridge TN.
Hi all:

Just a little trick that I've used for years that i thought might help everyone out. If you've ever knocked over a drink (or had your kid or kids do it) then you'll like this money saver. For years now I've wraped all my remotes in Handi-Wrap to protect them. They all still look like the day i first bought them and the letters and numbers never wear off. It does not seem to change the way they work in any way and is a cheep way to protect your investment. I now have only one remote that i use a Sony RM-AV3000 and i would not want to have to buy another one. The best way I've found to wrap your remote is to tape it in the back and use a hair dryer to pull it tight. Has anyone else tryed this? All my friends have never heard of it. Well I hope this little trick saves someone some money.

Lasher

#5488 - 09/01/03 07:03 PM Re: How to save those High Dollar Remotes!!!
Dane Offline
Gunslinger

I love sitting in the hot tub and I love flipping channels. Long ago I learned the value of a good Zip-Loc baggie. I use the heavy duty freezer style bags and fold up the extra around on the back side. A rubber band or two holds everything in place. The remote is protected and it even floats!

#5489 - 12/08/03 09:11 AM Re: How to save those High Dollar Remotes!!!
DaleB Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Clovis, CA,US
Quote:
Originally posted by Dane:
I love sitting in the hot tub and I love flipping channels....

Definitely enjoying life too much!

#5490 - 12/08/03 10:46 AM Re: How to save those High Dollar Remotes!!!
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
that is a good idea. on a touchscreen remote i use the lightweight plastic piece that comes on the screen, cut it to size and put it back on the screen. works well, especially on my pda-phone where i have to use a stylus a lot to write.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 149 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts