Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#71708 - 01/08/06 10:01 AM No sound at all...HELP!!!
Buffalo Bob Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

While watching TV last night the sound on my 1070 suddenly stopped, as if someone hit the mute button. Of course the first thing I checked was the mute button. Now I have no sound at all, nothing on DirecTV, DVD, CD, X-Box or GameCube. I've checked to make sure all inputs are configured properly (they are). I tried analog connections on DirecTV and DVD, still no sound. This morning I did the firmware update hoping that may correct the problem, it didn't. I've also performed the system reset outlined in the manual. Any suggestions or do I need to ship this thing back? Perfect timing, BTW, now that we are in playoff season.

#71709 - 01/08/06 11:14 AM Re: No sound at all...HELP!!!
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
No sound at all, eh? Clearly the unit is coming on, which means the fuse is presumably not the culprit (the manual indicates that the internal fuse would cut off all power to the unit). I might try plugging a pair of computer speakers into the pre-amp outputs to see if you can get sound from there, since that might help Outlaw diagnose the problem. (Similar thought - does the sub do anything?) Aside from that, it sounds like you've done enough troubleshooting that it's a good time to either open a ticket with Outlaw support or give them a call tomorrow. If it is a hardware problem, they'll get you fixed up as quickly as they can.

#71710 - 01/08/06 11:45 AM Re: No sound at all...HELP!!!
Buffalo Bob Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

gonk, thanks for the response. Yes, the receiver is turning on, and the video is switching properly. Nothing from the sub, I will try hooking up a pair of powered speakers to the pre-amp. I'll call support tomorrow. Bob

Who's Online
0 registered (), 156 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts