Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#70119 - 07/07/07 02:37 AM LFM-2 Total Satisfaction
James Hooper Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I recently purchased an LFM-2, and felt compelled to write about my experience. I was looking to upgrade from a ten inch VRP series Velodyne, that I had paid $249 retail for at Circuit City. I called and got advice from a number of internet dealers, including SVS, HSU, and Outlaw audio. SVS and HSU both recommended subs larger than the LFM-2. My home theater room is 13'X14' with an eight foot ceiling. When I called Outlaw and gave them the same information, they recommended the LFM-2. The gentleman on the phone explained to me that for the size of room I was placing it in, it would be plenty. He also told me that with my small sattellites, too big a sub would not be a proper blend of sound. I was very skeptical, because I already had a ten inch sub that I wasn't happy with. How was a eight inch sub that only costs $60 more going to be much better? Well I took the Outlaw's advice and ordered the "little eight incher". Let me tell you I was shocked. This sub rocks. I have the gain on the sub at 1/2, and all the modes on the receiver at even 0. Bass I can feel as much as hear, just like at the movies. And music is awesome too. I only have one question though. How could such honest people want to be referred to as Outlaws?

#70120 - 07/07/07 11:24 AM Re: LFM-2 Total Satisfaction
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
smile - glad to hear that it's working so well for you, James. Welcome to the Saloon!

#70121 - 07/07/07 05:08 PM Re: LFM-2 Total Satisfaction
tmdlp Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Big D, Tx
James Hooper,
Outlaw: in your case and in many other means doing something different than the norm - say bucking the trend.

Have fun w/ the new toy and glad to have another gunslinger......

Who's Online
0 registered (), 100 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM