Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#68191 - 06/14/08 09:41 PM The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
Outlawnut Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Miami, Florida
Let me start off by saying, Thank you Outlaw Audio for swapping my Unit out for a new one. For those that are lost as to what happened
at this point, I ordered a slew of Outlaw Equipment. The readers digest of it is, it worked for 2 or 3 days and stopped outputting Audio. Had the unit swapped by The Outlaws for another and right out of the Box it had no Video. The unit was replaced again with a Brand new A-stock and it works great. It does have some interference in the 'Menu' portion but watching TV or any other Video source does not. Not sure if this is normal?

Anyways...

The Bad / Ugly
Let me start off by saying, I have thought about this post for a Week now. What I'm about to say could be considered detrimental to Outlaw Audio.
But that’s not the way I feel about this section. And, more then likely will be deleted after review by the Moderators.
So, on to the rest of my story;
Upon my second failure I ranted on this board asking if Outlaw really tested this unit before shipping etc. Scott, the moderator of this forum posted, told me to give'em a call on Monday. I said to myself GREAT! We'll get this rectified and I'll be watching TV in no time flat. I give Scott a call Monday we exchange greetings and the first thing out of his mouth wasn't "Hey were sorry you received two bad units in a row etc" Oh no, ... I felt 14 years old I was getting reprimanded for my Attitude and Language on the Forum. I am sitting here listening to this guy actually getting upset with ME, a paying
customer. Not some guy that just subscribed to the Saloon. A guy that has purchased thousands of Dollars worth of Audio Equipment from this company. I was dumbfounded, I didn't know what to say. This guy had the audacity to really lecture an upset customer about "Attitude and Language". If I recall correctly customers
pay Wages, not companies. Secondly the customer is always right. I didn’t' feel this way with Scott on the phone, maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm overreacting, but I have seriously thought about this for awhile and I'm still upset with the way I was treated. I should be able to say whatever I want about a product after all I did buy it, no? I was given the example "What if a 5 year old was on our forum reading what you typed" I thought to myself, we are all adults here
and a 5 year old isn't going to be on this Forum or Website for that matter purchasing or discussing equipment.

I'll wrap this up by saying again Thank you for swapping my Unit .. Thanks but no thanks, if this is the way I'll be treated again in the future.

#68192 - 06/14/08 09:56 PM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
nfaguys Offline
Desperado

Loc: Maine
I don't post often, but I could not resist. SO:

Having read your post........
Having dealt with Scott......
Having had the experience of Scott being a gentleman I wonder if perhaps you are over-reacting.
Millenium dts decoder;Digital Director
Players: Tascam CD01U/SonyCX455 x 3/DV955/BDP83
Old Sony 60" SXRD TV
Zone 2 (also liv-Room: listening to music while Mrs watches TV): Crown SL2 preamp/D40 Amp/Stax Headphones

My "Man-cave":
4 channel-only inline room. No TV (thank heaven)!!!
990/755/4-KEF 107s
Tascam CD01U/dts decoder/digital director
Alesis 16x4x2 mixer
Recorders Alesis HD24/ML9600/Crown CX844s/SonyDAT/Tascam DA38
Ham Radio Shack (KB1STH) ICOM/Yaesu/Drakes x 3

#68193 - 06/14/08 10:17 PM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
Outlawnut Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by nfaguys:
I don't post often, but I could not resist. SO:

Having read your post........
Having dealt with Scott......
Having had the experience of Scott being a gentleman I wonder if perhaps you are over-reacting.
Thanks, everyones entitled to their opinion .. Glad to hear you had a good experience. I can't say the same unfortunately.

#68194 - 06/14/08 10:58 PM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Quote:
And, more then likely will be deleted after review by the Moderators.
That would surprise me greatly, actually - moderation in this forum is reserved for real major problems, not honest offerings of opinion (even when the opinion offered is less than glowing praise).
Quote:
Oh no, ... I felt 14 years old I was getting reprimanded for my Attitude and Language on the Forum. I am sitting here listening to this guy actually getting upset with ME, a paying customer. Not some guy that just subscribed to the Saloon. A guy that has purchased thousands of Dollars worth of Audio Equipment from this company. I was dumbfounded, I didn't know what to say. This guy had the audacity to really lecture an upset customer about "Attitude and Language".
Well, your initial post in last weekend's was a bit more "lively" than we're used to around here, and as the forum's moderator (among other duties) Scott may have wanted to make a point about that. I can see how it could sit a bit wrong with you, but (without having been in on the call) I wonder if the comments were directed at the guest in Outlaw's forum (a category that we all fall into here, whether we've given Outlaw money or not) rather than at the customer who has been hit by some real misfortune. If it bothers you (as it clearly does), you can always call Scott and talk to him about it.

#68195 - 06/15/08 01:46 AM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
Outlawnut Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:
Quote:
And, more then likely will be deleted after review by the Moderators.
That would surprise me greatly, actually - moderation in this forum is reserved for real major problems, not honest offerings of opinion (even when the opinion offered is less than glowing praise).
Quote:
Oh no, ... I felt 14 years old I was getting reprimanded for my Attitude and Language on the Forum. I am sitting here listening to this guy actually getting upset with ME, a paying customer. Not some guy that just subscribed to the Saloon. A guy that has purchased thousands of Dollars worth of Audio Equipment from this company. I was dumbfounded, I didn't know what to say. This guy had the audacity to really lecture an upset customer about "Attitude and Language".
Well, your initial post in last weekend's was a bit more "lively" than we're used to around here, and as the forum's moderator (among other duties) Scott may have wanted to make a point about that. I can see how it could sit a bit wrong with you, but (without having been in on the call) I wonder if the comments were directed at the guest in Outlaw's forum (a category that we all fall into here, whether we've given Outlaw money or not) rather than at the customer who has been hit by some real misfortune. If it bothers you (as it clearly does), you can always call Scott and talk to him about it.
I hear ya, theres no reason to call him again. Whats said is said. I got my unit switched and it works fine .. Its just that I run two businesses myself and would never talk to a customer that way.

BTW do you see the anomaly I see in the OSD ?

#68196 - 06/15/08 03:35 AM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
PeterT Offline
Gunslinger

Outlawnut,

I have to respond here. If you check our forum, we allow all kinds of comments and of course criticisms of our company and products. That has always been our policy.

However, when someone gets close to crossing the line on expressions or language that we find inappropriate, we step in. It's not what you said, but the way you communicated it, that Scott was referring to.

Actually you said it yourself: "Its just that I run two businesses myself and would never talk to a customer that way." Well we expect the same from you. When you employ the language in your earlier post, you on the edge of being pulled down from this forum.

No matter how you feel about Outlaw we expect you to treat this forum with respect. We will NOT censor opinions, but on inappropriate language we will draw the line.

Peter Tribeman

#68197 - 06/15/08 08:08 AM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
Lizard King Offline
Desperado

Loc: NY
Outlaw Audio is great company. I have the pleasure of meeting the the Outlaw employes and the officers at the HE show in NYC , last time.
HSU VTF-2 Mk2 sub x2
VAC PA100/100 Tube Amp
ARC SP16-L tube Preamp
Audio Note Dac 2.1 "B" signature
Furutech E-TP80,
Ascend HTM-200, 340C
Sony KDS-55A2020

#68198 - 06/15/08 12:56 PM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
rubbersoul Offline
Desperado

Loc: folsom, pa.
Bravo Peter!!
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Mitsubishi 6800 Projector
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Nakamichi cables Audio 8 cables
Air-Server
Mac-Mini
ROON

#68199 - 06/15/08 01:04 PM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
ric Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: connecticut
hey stuff happens,talking man to man and getting things worked out is what its all about.should never be a bashing session, does'nt achieve the primary goal of satisfaction. it all works out in the end.
outlaw 950
oppo 983h
toshiba hd-a3
b&k 125.2 amp front L&R
outlaw m2200 center amp
b&k 125.2 amp L&R_surround
b&k 125.2 amp L&R rear surround
panamax line conditioner
55" hitachi plasma.

#68200 - 06/15/08 02:25 PM Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly .. My Outlaw Audio Experience
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Quote:
I hear ya, theres no reason to call him again. Whats said is said. I got my unit switched and it works fine .. Its just that I run two businesses myself and would never talk to a customer that way.
I'm glad to hear that the replacement has resolved the problems you were having.

My line of work doesn't compare well to Outlaw's, so the way that we interact with clients doesn't directly compare. My wife used to work in customer service at a bank, though, and there were some customers whose accounts were closed or were warned that their accounts could be closed specifically because of the way they spoke to company employees (including my wife, who was called some very unpleasant things by people - often because the people on the other end of the phone had made a mistake and didn't like having to face the repercussions). There was even one customer up in Washington state that dad and I considered taking a road trip to visit to discuss - possibly with baseball bats - the things he called me wife (on a recorded phone call and without provocation). I'm glad to be able to say that your situation doesn't equal some of those calls, but it does tie in to what Peter's talking about. The customer deserves respect, but there are limits - and the forum is a separate entity with its own rules, where everyone has to be required to follow the same rules.
Quote:
BTW do you see the anomaly I see in the OSD ?
I'm guessing that you're looking at the setup menu via component video, such that the 990 is replacing the source video signal with a blank screen and then overlaying the menu on that. This is how I use my 990's menu (I have s-video connected to the TV because I used to use it with the Model 950, but I don't bother using it). I don't remember any interference, but there may be a resolution change happening that your display is reacting to (the OSD is 480i, but the component signal it replaced could easily be at 480p or higher). If you're seeing the interference when using the composite output, then that's a different story. Since I don't use the composite, I can't really offer much about that case. What does the interference look like?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts