Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#66318 - 10/03/07 06:51 PM Input selection and Harmony 880
Rob.B Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Curious if anyone has had a problem/found a solution for 'activity' selection for their 880 harmony remotes. If I turn on the system using an activity such as "watch tv" it seems my input selection the 990 rarely matches up with what the activity should be (ie the input will be on xbox instead of cable). I have even tried putting that command in the activity 2x. It seems to work once everything is on and I move from activity to activity.

Any solutions/ideas would be appreciated.

#66319 - 10/03/07 07:35 PM Re: Input selection and Harmony 880
cvinfig Offline
Gunslinger

Make sure your power settings are configured as follows (I can't remember who posted these initially but I believe they're for the web interface so you might have to search around a bit if using the stand-alone app):

From the Harmony Report User Home Page, find the Outlaw 990 device and click on the "More Options" link. This takes you to the Device Options page for the Outlaw 990. Click on the "Adjust power settings" link. This will take you into the device setup wizard.

1. Do you want to leave your Stereo Receiver on all the time?
Choose: whatever is appropriate

2. How do you turn your Stereo Receiver on and off with your current remote control?
Choose: A button on the remote for On, and a different button for Off

3. Select Power On Command
Choose: Use these infrared commands: -None-

A big warning will appear: No command was selected. Are you sure? Blah Blah Blah
Click the "Yes" button.

4. Select Power Off Command
Choose: Use these infrared commands: PowerOff

Proceed through the check, download to your remote, and test.

Optional: You can also speed up the power on sequence for any activity by decreasing the Power On Delay for the Outlaw 990. Since there really isn't a power on command, this could probably be set to anything... 500 ms works just fine for me.

#66320 - 10/03/07 08:38 PM Re: Input selection and Harmony 880
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
As I recall, at one time the Harmony database had associated the "power on" discrete signal with "Video1" (although it may have been a different input). If cvinfig's advise doesn't work, you might see if Harmony can help you adjust the "power on" command somehow.

#66321 - 10/03/07 09:22 PM Re: Input selection and Harmony 880
alphanstein Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: San Diego, CA
I just let the 990 turn on with the default and then for each activity, I add a command to switch it to the right input (except for watch cable which is Video 1 default). The interkey delay I have is 100ms and power on delay is low, but I can't recall, like 500-1000ms, but neither matter cause my LCD takes longer to turn on so the 990 is always ready before the LCD.

#66322 - 10/03/07 09:43 PM Re: Input selection and Harmony 880
Hullguy Offline
Desperado

Loc: South Weymouth, MA USA
I've been dealing with this with my 890. I added more time between the commands. It seemed to work. Jim

#66323 - 10/04/07 01:30 AM Re: Input selection and Harmony 880
mdrconsult Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Austin, Texas
I have the 880 as well and I have had similar problems. I ended up having to adjust the delay between commands in order to get it to work. For some things I had to go to 2 seconds and some other as far as 5 seconds in order to allow time for everything to come up and be ready to accept commands.

BTW, if need be calling Logitech's phone support is not an unpleasant experience! I had some problems with my Mitsubishi Diamond DLP when I first got it. It was related to it being a brand new version of the TV and their data base wasn't quite right for the TV. The over the phone guy went straight into my config repaired the problem and then waited on the phone while I checked it out. The whole process from dialing to hanging up took about 10 minutes! I was thoroughly impressed.
Emotiva XMC-1, Outlaw 7500, Sonus Faber Olympica III Fronts, SF Liuto Center, SF Surrounds, LFM-1 EX, Oppo BDP-103D, Apple TV (Gen. 4), Mitsubishi 65" Diamond DLP, Outlaw Cables, PS Audio Power Quintet, Duet and power cords.

#66324 - 10/04/07 03:40 PM Re: Input selection and Harmony 880
Rob.B Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Thank you for all your fantastic posts. I do indeed get 'defaulted' to video1 on every activity power-on. I will try a few of the recommendations and reply as to the outcome.

Cheers.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 96 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts