Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#66314 - 10/02/07 09:40 PM Remote codes tips and questions
xcortes Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I'm in the process of setting up my remote for various components. I have two tips and one question:

tip 1: my satellite TV receiver is an RCA one but the RCA codes didn't work. I tried other brands codes and a Philips one works perfectly.

tip 2: The Oppo firmware update (posted before by gonk) that incorporates the alternative remote control has been released today as "official", no longer a beta one. I donīt know if it's different from the beta version though. I will try it tonight

question: I have not been able to setup the Sony BDP-S1 blue ray player codes. Any help here will be very appreciated

thanks,

xavier

#66315 - 10/02/07 10:52 PM Re: Remote codes tips and questions
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Both good tips. I just came across a link at AVS that also mentioned the new 981HD firmware.

The 990's remote was finalized before either HD format was launched, so if Sony is using a code set different from their DVD player codes it may be tough to find a code that will work. Keep in mind that when trying to progam in a DVD code on a button other than the DVD ("AUX") button, you'll need to specify that you want to use the DVD portion of the code library. See "re-assigning device buttons" on page 42 of the manual for the nitty-gritty details. That may not be the problem in your case, but I figured I'd toss it out in case it was useful to others.

#66316 - 10/02/07 11:03 PM Re: Remote codes tips and questions
xcortes Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

unfortunately sony uses a different code from that of their dvd players. i know that because the codes listed on the display's manual are different forthe br and the dvd players (these are three digit codes). no harm on trying the dvd codes anyway. will try tonight.

i knew about the re-assigning but thanks anyway!

#66317 - 10/03/07 03:14 AM Re: Remote codes tips and questions
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I was afraid that they'd gone with different codes. It makes a certain amount of sense, especially since the first Blu-ray players couldn't play CD's (meaning that older DVD players would very possibly be staying in people's equipment racks).

Who's Online
0 registered (), 124 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts