Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#60096 - 05/07/06 07:36 AM No sound from VIdeo 1 Analog connection
jsid Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Hawaii
I recently recieved my 990 and I love the sound quality. The only complaint I have right now is that for some reason the Analog connection for Video 1 does not work. I have tried to reset the unit but that didn't work. The Opt & Coax work...any suggestions.

#60097 - 05/07/06 09:08 AM Re: No sound from VIdeo 1 Analog connection
Miscanthus Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Madison, MS
Quote:
Originally posted by jsid:
I recently recieved my 990 and I love the sound quality. The only complaint I have right now is that for some reason the Analog connection for Video 1 does not work. I have tried to reset the unit but that didn't work. The Opt & Coax work...any suggestions.
go into the 990 menu an make sure your inputs are set appropriately. The 990 has to know what is connected where.

#60098 - 05/08/06 06:13 AM Re: No sound from VIdeo 1 Analog connection
jsid Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Hawaii
I've already checked that and it is correct (I change it when ever I try another type of connection, OPT, COA, ANALOG for example). I’m convinced that there might be hardware problems. I am also experiencing and issue with the monitor out. When I connect the composite video connection from the DVD out to the DVD in on the 990 and the composite monitor out connection from the 990 to the TV, I get the menu and DVD playback on the TV. However, when I connect the component video out from the DVD player to the 990 I get nothing to the TV. In this configuration I am still using composite video monitor out from the 990. I have to do this right now because my TV is too far to connect via component out from the 990. I am still waiting for my new cables to come in. My question is should I or do I have to use component video out if I use component video in? If not then I really think that I've got a defective unit. Again the menu settings are correct for the type of video connection I am using at the time. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

#60099 - 05/08/06 07:30 AM Re: No sound from VIdeo 1 Analog connection
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
You may want to touch base with Outlaw about the analog audio input - they can walk you through some good troubleshooting, and if there is a hardware problem they'll need to know about it to get you fixed up.

The video switching is functioning as designed. composite and s-video inputs are transcoded up to the component video output, but a component video input is not transcoded down to composite or s-video. If you plan to use component video inputs, you must connect the component monitor output. And if your TV supports them, I'd definitely recommend using them.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 95 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts