Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#58763 - 03/23/06 10:39 PM Complete system together tomorrow:
TheDudeAbides Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Salem, Oregon
Okay... so I couldn't think of anything else to post, but I am too excited not to post anything.

I received the 990 Tuesday--it's lovely. The last pair of Ascend CBM 170's arrived today, and the Sherbourn comes tomorrow... and the fun begins.

I ordered a bunch of speaker wire from www.bluejeanscable.com for the new setup. I am going to biwire (not biamp) the fronts. I don't know that this will create any difference, but I figure it couldn't hurt given the excess power that will be available in each channel.

Will let you know how the new wire performs as well.. should be interesting. This is the first time I will be using anything not Home-Depot...

Like I said... nothing great to write about, just throwing in an update.

Next project is room treatments. I intend to make 6-10 bass traps and acoustic panels to see how that affects the performance and overall sound quality. From my understanding, there should be a rather substantial "improvement."

Will let you know about that project as it progresses as well. Thanks for all the help thus far, it's been fun!

--TDA

#58764 - 03/23/06 11:09 PM Re: Complete system together tomorrow:
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Sounds like fun - lots of new toys coming together. smile

#58765 - 03/24/06 02:19 AM Re: Complete system together tomorrow:
rmilewsk Offline
Gunslinger

I'm pretty much doing what you're doing dude. Probably getting the 990 and 7500. Sherbourn is out of my price range. I ordered all of my interconnects from dayton and my speaker wire from bluejeans. Now I just have to decide on the damn speakers. I knew that was going to be the toughest part. By the way could you measure the depth of the 990 for me? I'm looking for the depth of everything even the longest connection sticking out the back.

#58766 - 03/24/06 09:46 AM Re: Complete system together tomorrow:
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
This thread may help you with your rack planning, rmilewsk - I can't promise that the numbers are perfect (took them with the 990 inside a closed cabinet using a 25' tape measure so the locations of the feet were hard to get), but they're really close.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts