Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#55943 - 09/08/05 06:45 PM Thanks to the Forum
gammonall Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Windsor, Ca.
I just receieved my new 990 yesterday and am in the process of setting it up. The thanks is for the give and take I see on the forum. A a significant componet of my reason for purchasing the 990 vs. some of the units on ebay (within my budget) is the active exchange that I see on the forum and the ability to see plus and minus exchange of comments allowing a informed decision especially for an item not able to be auditioned in a store. So thanks!

One comment. Out of the box the 990 did not recognize the remote and did not pass on video although the componet output put up the set up screen so there was a signal to the T.V. Reading the manual (amazing I had to read it) it suggested a reboot. I had to do it twice before finally the video was passed on. No other issues. Will report later on success (hopefully) but at least for now the sound is working great. wink

#55944 - 09/09/05 02:44 PM Re: Thanks to the Forum
justhavingfun Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lansing, KS
gammonall,

I had almost same issue right out of box when my 990 arrived about a week ago. After rebooting twice and assign the video input, etc., it is working fine ever since including remote (be sure to push "TNR" button upper right to control the 990 feature) all except auto-calibration thing. Mine gives me odd number for my setup so I had to manually set it up. I haven't tried auto-cal since the first day though. I may try again in the future. I am enjoying 990 sound tremendously and hope you have a same experience as well.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 153 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts