Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#52590 - 04/28/05 10:59 AM Concern about receiving reservation confirmation message
audvid Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fairview, TX
Speaking for myself, and possibly others, I'm somewhat concerned about receiving the reservation confirmation message mentioned in the latest newsletter. I'm assuming it will be an email message asking if I still want to purchase the 990.

For some reason my email's anti-spam system decided to treat the latest newsletter from Outlaw as spam when it never has in the past. If demand for the 990 is high I don't want to be skipped over because the notification "was lost in the mail".

I wonder what provisions are being made or considered by Outlaw to contact us in a different manner if there isn't a response to the email. Is it possible to post a special note within this site indicating that the final confirmation for reservations is starting so that we can be on the lookout for the email?

I know there were a number of people in this forum that indicated they didn't receive the initial notification after they completed the reservation form.

I can't remember if the reservation form included a field(s) for phone numbers.

#52591 - 04/28/05 11:08 AM Re: Concern about receiving reservation confirmation message
sraber Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Green Bay, WI
audvid,
I was thinking the same thing. I did not receive the latest newletter either. In addition, it appears that my spam filter was not the cause as I was not able to find the newsletter in my junk folder. I'm just hoping that my initial confirmation email of my place on the reservation list will be enough to make sure my place is held. Trying to be patient, but I'm so anxious.... I'm worse than a kid at Christmas...

later,
simp
Outlaw Audio Model 2200 (center)
Rotel RMB-1075 (ss, rs)
f, B&W DM604S3
c, B&W LCR600S3
ss, B&W DM302
rs,Polk M3II
HSU VTF-3 MK3
APC H-15 Power Conditioner
Display: Panny PT-AE4000 Proj. + 92" DIY Screen
Little Dot MKIII Headphone Amp
Denon AH-D1100 Headphones (needed a quick, cheap set. looking for an upgrade worthy of the h/p amp.)

#52592 - 04/28/05 11:33 AM Re: Concern about receiving reservation confirmation message
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I have two thoughts that may reassure you. First, the waiting list e-mail said that they would give people ten days to confirm their order without losing their spot in line, so punctuality in placing the actual order is not real critical. Second, once those e-mails start going out I think we can safely expect a number of posts here on the forum by people receiving their e-mails - meaning that folks who got on the waiting list at roughly the same time but didn't get follow-up e-mails due to spam filters or other glitches would be able to check their junk folders and even give Outlaw a call if necessary.

Oh, and the waiting list form does require a contact phone number.

#52593 - 04/28/05 11:39 AM Re: Concern about receiving reservation confirmation message
sraber Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Green Bay, WI
True enough Gonk. Thanks for the reality check. Just getting a little twitchy.....
Outlaw Audio Model 2200 (center)
Rotel RMB-1075 (ss, rs)
f, B&W DM604S3
c, B&W LCR600S3
ss, B&W DM302
rs,Polk M3II
HSU VTF-3 MK3
APC H-15 Power Conditioner
Display: Panny PT-AE4000 Proj. + 92" DIY Screen
Little Dot MKIII Headphone Amp
Denon AH-D1100 Headphones (needed a quick, cheap set. looking for an upgrade worthy of the h/p amp.)

#52594 - 04/28/05 03:53 PM Re: Concern about receiving reservation confirmation message
rance Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Boston. MA
I didn't get the latest newsletter either and it dawned on me that I got my seservation in late on Sunday (actually Monday morning), so maybe only those people getting their 990 from the first shipment got a newsletter?

#52595 - 04/28/05 04:06 PM Re: Concern about receiving reservation confirmation message
gonk Offline
Desperado

smile - Calm, now. Aside from the fact that I doubt they would distribute a newsletter that way (it's more likely that the mailing was somewhat spotty because they were already moving folks like Scott up to New York for this weekend's show and something slipped through the cracks), the wait list reservations do not constitute definitive purchases. There will inevitably be some people on the waiting list who will elect not to place an order when their turn comes (either because they bought something else, they decided to wait and see how initial reactions are, or a spouse took away the credit card), allowing the units reserved for them to slide down the line to people waiting behind them.

#52596 - 04/28/05 04:48 PM Re: Concern about receiving reservation confirmation message
tekdredger Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Franklin, WI
Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:
...or a spouse took away the credit card
Ah Gonk, you haven't been talking to my wife by any chance have you? laugh

#52597 - 04/28/05 05:44 PM Re: Concern about receiving reservation confirmation message
gonk Offline
Desperado

:p I wouldn't do that to you, tekdredger.

#52598 - 04/28/05 07:17 PM Re: Concern about receiving reservation confirmation message
tekdredger Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Franklin, WI
Whew, close one! wink

#52599 - 04/29/05 03:26 PM Re: Concern about receiving reservation confirmation message
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Quote:
Originally posted by rance:
I didn't get the latest newsletter either and it dawned on me that I got my seservation in late on Sunday (actually Monday morning), so maybe only those people getting their 990 from the first shipment got a newsletter?
Nope. I'm not even on the reservation list and I got the letter. wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts