Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#66023 - 08/30/07 01:17 AM New NAD Processor and Amps
FAUguy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: FL
http://www.cepro.com/article/nad_introduces_audiophile_quality_preamp_tuner_processor_and_multi_channel/#When:17:27:00Z

What do you guys think?

With all these newer Pros coming out, Outlaw needs to speed-up their 990 replacement.

#66024 - 08/30/07 03:07 AM Re: New NAD Processor and Amps
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Knowing NAD, this will be a respectable piece of gear.

I think that we're going to see the pace slowly pick up on the HDMI generation of processors, but I also think it's a situation where being first to market may be tempting but not necessarily the best thing for your customers. I'd also say that at $2000 I'm surprised to see no mention of a video scaling solution, as that has gotten lumped in with HDMI v1.3 as an expected feature at or near that price point. Typically companies are not only including scalers but identifying the chipset used (be it Genesis, DVDO/ABT, HQV, or some other manufacturer) in their marketing.

#66025 - 08/30/07 07:45 PM Re: New NAD Processor and Amps
Sfox7076 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New York
I will never even consider a piece of NAD equipment again. I had the 763 receiver and when the system died (sound through anything involving the DAC was almost silent out of the right side of the unit) within the warranty period, they looked at it over the course of a month, told me there was nothing wrong and sent it back. I hooked it up again and a few weeks later the same thing happened. When I brought it in again they wouldn't look at it unless I paid them for the diagnostic, etc. because the warranty had expired when the unit was with them the first time. Yeah, I am never buying from them again.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 203 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts