Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#60581 - 05/29/06 02:38 PM Input switch sound issue
Integratedj Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chandler, Arizona
SOmetimes when I switch inputs on my 990, I can only get a very quite sound comming from my sub only. The main left and right speakers will not come on properly. I then switch inputs to something else, and then back again and the sound is fine. I have checked all programming and connections, and there is no issue there. It is something internal on the 990.

This happens sometimes on the Video 1 input that is using optical 1, and sometimes on the DVD player that is using Digital Coax 1. It has also done it once on the 7.1 direct inputs.

Has any one else come across this issue? It did it before the newest update as well as after.

Thanks,
J

#60582 - 05/29/06 03:12 PM Re: Input switch sound issue
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
That's odd - not something I've run into. How are you triggering your amp? (Wondering if it might be on trigger 2, and you might be running into cases where the amp hasn't been triggered on...)

#60583 - 05/29/06 07:54 PM Re: Input switch sound issue
Skyblazer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Spokane, WA
i wonder if in your different inputs in the 990 menu you have have selected something like Stereo as the default, instead of maybe DPLII? that would cause only certain speakers to come on when switching inputs from Video 1 to DVD. Check your default settings for EACH input.

good luck man.. that is the only thing I could think of.
Parasound P/HP-850 2 CH pre
Pioneer PL-530 TT
Polk Audio SDA 2B
NAD 2600A amp
Danger Boy here

#60584 - 05/29/06 09:07 PM Re: Input switch sound issue
Integratedj Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chandler, Arizona
I have the amp triggered off of trigger one. It doesn't happen when I first start up the system, only after I have been watching tv and want to switch to music, or vise versa.

The input for Video 1 (SAT) is set to DPLII, and the input for when I listen to music is set to upsample.

I have 3 outputs total off of my DVD player. The Digital Coax for watching DVDs, the 5.1 output for DVDA/SACD, and the standard analog output for CD's.
The DVD is set for DPLII, and the CD input is set to upsample. It happens no matter which of the inputs I select, and doesn't seem to be based at all on format, as it will do it switching from sat to dvd, which are both DPLII settings.

J

Who's Online
0 registered (), 112 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts