Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#59127 - 04/02/06 07:49 PM Lived With Outlaws For 2 Weeks
rectilineariii Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Honolulu, HI
And the 970/7700 are tremendous! I have upgraded from a dead1999 Sony ES AV receiver, and the difference is astounding. We are re-watching our entire library of 150 DVDs and its like watching them for the first time. The bass is clean, powerful but not booming. The picture (thanks to using the component outputs), is extremely sharp. I am in the print advertising field so I have a trained eye when it comes to image quality. Even though I am using a Sony 32" XBR (non HD) monitor, the colors and sharpness are stunning.

I knew that the Outlaws are comparable to the other high-end separates such as Krell, B&K and Rotel, so I expected there was going to be a difference, but not this great! I have been buying hi-fi equipment since the days that Scott and Fisher were kings (have McIntosh for my music set-up) and once the digital line was crossed, I did not think that "high ends" would be that much better without spending thousands on speakers. I could not have been more wrong!

I had put a $3K budget limit on my HT and the B&K receiver was on the top of the list. While reading about the Outlaws through the numerous reviews and browsing the Forum, I was sold.

Outlaw has returned brand loyalty back to the manufacturer from which the retailers (with in-home installation and service promises) have taken the credit. The Saloon opens communication to other users and the environment that Outlaw has created is remarkable in this cutthroat and competitive business. Kudos to the Outlaws for their brilliant marketing and product execution business models.

It is very assuring that any issues are handled directly with the manufacturer and not having to go through a retailer who will just pack and send the unit back to a plant with a "Work Order".

Shades of pioneers like Sears who once replaced a man's watch when it was returned for "falling out of a customer's pocket", with a new watch and a note saying, "we guarrantee our watches don't fall out of pockets." Even though i don't expect Outlaw to replace my 990 when I accidentally spill my Guiness on it, I do know that they will take a personal interest in making sure that I am up and running in no time.

Thanks, Outlaw for producing high end products for the rest of the world!

Cheers!

#59128 - 04/02/06 07:50 PM Re: Lived With Outlaws For 2 Weeks
rectilineariii Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Honolulu, HI
OOPS! Meant 990 and 7700!

#59129 - 04/02/06 08:28 PM Re: Lived With Outlaws For 2 Weeks
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
smile - Always cool to hear from folks who are having big fun with nice new toys.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 77 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts