Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#51443 - 08/30/07 03:58 PM So long dvdjournal.com
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
I have a core of websites that I search for good, honest DVD reviews and technical information. They are, in no particular order;

www.thedigitalbits.com
www.dvdtalk.com
www.dvdjournal.com

As of last week, dvdjournal is going offline. Their last post on their website is a great read for anybody who has ever played a DVD. Seriously, it's a good, honest rant about where the home media business is going or not going as the case may be.

While you're there, check out some of their older reviews. I always found their reviews to cover a good summary of the movie, without giving away too much, while also telling you if it was worth your time to view it.

Their leaving the web also makes me feel older since I remember discovering their reviews back in 2000. Kind of amazing to think that's already 7 years ago...

#51444 - 08/30/07 06:03 PM Re: So long dvdjournal.com
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
That's a very good summary of how DVD grew and where we are today (for better, and perhaps for worse). It is amazing to think how long DVD's been with us now - the Panasonic DVD-A310 in the guest room closet will be nine years old this November. Time flies...

Who's Online
0 registered (), 141 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts