Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#51146 - 11/05/05 09:29 AM carfax.com
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
just a heads up.don't waste your money on carfax,the information is inaccurate.the body style of my truck was even wrong!no info on my 3 insurance claims(one being $300 from total loss)

now they are trying to weasel out of their '100% satisfaction guarantee' by saying they don't have record of my purchase.

eek eek BEWARE!!! eek eek

#51147 - 11/05/05 10:03 AM Re: carfax.com
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
Carfax is the biggest joke in the auto industry. Why do you think all the used Auto dealers love it? I had a serious accident (no serious injuries thankfully) in my old car and had it repaired at the dealership (Mitsubishi). When it came time to sell my car I was honest about the accident but one of the prospective buyers asked why it didn't show up on carfax, implying I must of had it repaired in a shady fashion. I went to carfax and bought a month trial and sure enough, nothing was listed for my car. That made me wonder so the only person I could think of that had a car that may show up on carfax was a friend who had to get a new engine built for his Ford truck a couple years ago so I called him and ran his VIN through carfax. Nothing. Just to be fair, when shopping for cars I did notice some that had issues on carfax, but the fact that they were 0 for 2 with my vehicles pretty much made me aware of the lovefest between the used auto industry and carfax. Do a google search on carfax and you will find that we are not the only two people in the world who are catching on to this.

#51148 - 11/10/05 10:15 PM Re: carfax.com
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
btw carfax did issue me a refund.1 or 2 statements...or contact them...

#51149 - 11/14/05 09:12 PM Re: carfax.com
Steve_C Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Tallahassee, Fl
I listed my truck on cars.com - Being an honest seller I listed my VIN.
Carfax indicated my truck had a "record" so I bought my CARFAX.

As I knew all good info = 1 owner - no wrecks - etc.

Still kinda pissed me off since it appears as if carfax only shows negative info - as presented.
IE: You better "find out" if the car you are looking at has a negative "history" because of the way carfax reports are "presented - recommended" on the web site. No mention of the fact that positive items are also listed in the reports.
Complained about this ommision and got a refund as dissatisifed with my results.

- looks like indivdual sellers listings include the link to buy a carfax if the VIN is provided by a seller. I provided mine since I had nothing to hide.

I was tempted add a statement to my ad offering to deduct the cost - pay for your carfax report if you bought my truck. To late now - kept the truck/

Who's Online
0 registered (), 112 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts