Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#50933 - 03/25/05 10:11 AM digital to analog
e-dogg Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: OHIO
My friend lives on the fringe of his rooftop antenna reception. We want to know if they make a converter that will allow him to pick up an receive the local stations digital signals and convert it for his analog tv. His analog signals now are pretty snowy. Would this work or help him? Thanks.

#50934 - 03/25/05 10:18 AM Re: digital to analog
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
i dont think such a thing exists.

#50935 - 03/25/05 10:35 AM Re: digital to analog
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Eventually this sort of device should be readily available (it's part of the requirements for migrating from analog to digital for TV broadcasting, to allow existing analog TV's to still receive broadcast TV signals). The only thing I know of now is an over-the-air HDTV receiver. These receivers generally include composite and s-video outputs that will work when the receiver is set to 480i mode, which allows you to record HD broadcasts to a VCR - or feed the signal to a standard definition analog TV. HD receivers have come down a lot in price - I found this Zenith unit on eBay for $180. For this to work, though, he'll need to have decent digital reception, which may require a different rooftop antenna. And since most stations broadcast both analog and digital signals from the same tower, I wonder if the digital signals will come through any stronger than the analog signals?

#50936 - 03/25/05 12:45 PM Re: digital to analog
ScottH Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NY, NY, USA
The best thing about the digital broadcasts is that you either get them or you don't. If you pick them up, there's no snow or interference. Go to antenna web and type in your friend's address, that should give you a good idea what antenna would be needed to get what stations.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 84 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts