Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#49828 - 08/07/01 03:57 PM The Great DSP Debate Winner Announced
Scott Offline
Desperado

We are still on schedule to start the Model 950 Beta Test late this month, or perhaps early in September, but in the interim the Outlaws would like to close one of the issues on our "To Do" list.

When we took our customer survey a while back to get your opinions on the inclusion of so-called "DSP Modes" in the 950, we promised to award a unit to one of those posting a comment. We've conducted a random drawing from all respondents and entries, and we are pleased to announce that the winner is "mxy15". He will receive a unit as soon as production has begun.

While our final decision on DSP modes will take all comments into consideration, both in terms of the actual tally of "yeah" and "nay" votes as well as your insightful comments, we are still working on programming the microprocessor. That will tell us where we stand in terms of memory requirements for the necessary features, which, in turn, will tell us how much, if any, is left over for things such as DSP. We'll let you know what the final outcome is in September.

#49829 - 08/07/01 07:44 PM Re: The Great DSP Debate Winner Announced
psklenar Offline
Desperado

Loc: Southern New England, USA
My most sincere congratulations "mxy15"! I have to admit, I really wanted to win it, but ... oh well.

------------------
pat----

home: psklenar@home.com ... office: psklenar@uhc.com

no home page yet, so ...
Entertainment Center ---==*==--- DVD Collection

#49830 - 08/08/01 08:10 AM Re: The Great DSP Debate Winner Announced
DanKaps Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Omaha, NE
Congrats mxy15!

#49831 - 08/08/01 10:49 AM Re: The Great DSP Debate Winner Announced
mxy15 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Rogers, AR
I want to thank Outlaw Audio and Scott Jackson for conducting this contest. I never expected to win!

Like everyone else who cares about HiFi and HT, I just wanted to throw in my $.02 worth on the great DSP debate. I think it is very rare that an audio manufacturer so actively solicits the opinions of its customers. In this regard, I think we all won by being part of the development process.

I will be anxiously awaiting the release of the Outlaw 950. And as soon as I have done a thorough testing of the equipment I will be posting my review/opinion on this forum.

Sincerely,

mxy15

Who's Online
0 registered (), 151 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Helson 1
patm1198 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts