Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#48627 - 06/02/02 01:15 AM Considering purchasing a ICBM
rchizz Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Mahwah, NJ, USA
Hi,
I saw an ICBM at the Home Entertainment Show in NY, and i'm considering purchasing one. I currently have a Denon 4800 Receiver, Denon POA-5200 amp for the mains, and a DVM 4800 DVD-Audio player. I would really like to use the ICBM for entire system bass management, however i would like to know is that feasible, and do i lose the bass management for dvd-audio If i use it for entire system management.

I appreciat any and all assistance.

Thanks,

Rchizz

#48628 - 06/02/02 12:47 PM Re: Considering purchasing a ICBM
billdean Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Manakin-Sabot, VA USA
I'll take a shot at your question -

The ICBM has gotta go somewhere - If you put it between your DVD-A player and the receiver, it will manage the DVD-A only. If you put it between a pre-amp and separate amplification, it will manage the entire system. However, if you are using the receiver as a pre-pro and only using external amplification on the mains, the ICBM will only be effective on the mains - Unless you have "tape loop" connections for ALL channels - Then you could run IC's from the out's to the ICBM to the in's of each of the other channels.

I'm using a Yamaha RX-V2095 and a Parasound HCA-2205AT, with MY ICBM between the two.

Hope this helps.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 159 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts