I'm a new 950 owner and still getting used to living with it. Overall, I'm satisfied and I have just a few concerns/questions:

1) Is there a way to set 'punch through' on the remote for add'l functions then just Volume & Mute? I would like to access buttons such as DD, DTS, etc w/o having to hit the AUD button. These buttons don't do anything in other source modes (unless you use learning on them). I know a roundabout way would be to use another learning remote, teach the codes and then 'learn' them back in each source mode but what a pain that would be! Any tricks would be appreciated.

2) DELETED. Found the answer.

3) I use my DVD player (a universal) for all formats (mp3 to SACD). I like listening to CDs in DPLII-M. If I put a DVD in, it will switch to DPLII-C when the DVD menu loads. When I put a CD back in, it stays in DPLII-C. Why does it do this? If it just stayed in DPLII-M mode (with DVD menus) that would be fine with me. I don't want to 'force' the unit into DPLII-M mode and then have to switch to DD/DTS tracks manually when watching a movie. Any suggestions?

[This message has been edited by Slee_Stack (edited June 26, 2003).]