I have not seen mention or discussion of this subject anywhere and wondered what you all think.
My Pioneer DV45A has many many settings within its menu, the vast majority of which are duplicated and/or exacerbated in the 950.
What is the school of thought here?
Do I bypass all the appropriate settings in the DVD player and just set the 950?
Old school thought (and still a great one)was that the less signal processing, the better (cleaner) the signal is going to be in the final result. (Stereophile harped on that for years - remember the rabid discussion of that "DDD", and dirivatives of such, they used to put on the CD's! Digital to Analog to Digital to Analog - it drove purists nutso!)
Of course, these modern digital processors make it all but impossible to pass a virgin signal without messing with it in some way or another.
My own thought was that only one should do the work and it should be the unit with the best ability to do so, but i've talked to several folks that have set both. I have to believe there is some signal fighting going on with that.

Any thoughts?