I have a decision to make. You may find this a little humorous, but I work a stereo shop, and even with a great discount, I'm looking at an Outlaw!

The 950 at $899 is such a great deal. However, we do carry Anthem (I'm actually buying one of their amps), so I've been comparing the AVM 20 to the 950. One thing I really like is the bass management in the 950 for SACD/DVD-A. In a review of the Anthem, they said it has bass management, but I'm wondering if it's the same type, here is what the review stated:

The AVM 20 includes a six-channel analog input primarily for multichannel music on SACD or DVD-A, and then, on top of that, adds XLR outputs. But then they went one step further and included bass management for the high-resolution multichannel audio formats. There are a limited number of players that offer any such on-board facility, and a couple of after-market devices that address this much-needed functionality, but there's not much available in the processor world -- until now, that is. In the AVM 20, you simply choose the "Analog DSP" mode for the six-channel inputs. This routes the DVD-A or SACD signals through the Anthem’s A-to-D/D-to-A section, thereby allowing you to use the bass-management function in the Anthem with the analog inputs.

Some purists may scoff at converting high-resolution audio signals to digital and then back to analog again. Maybe they have full-range speakers all around and don’t need to. Fine, they don’t have to use the bass management functions in the AVM 20. Anthem gives you choices, which is the important point to remember. And if I had to choose between limited functionality versus proper programming for my speaker system, I'd choose proper set up in a heartbeat. The AVM 20 can accommodate many different system configurations, which points to forward thinking on the part of the folks at Anthem

Any thoughts?