Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#47311 - 07/18/03 12:54 AM I am getting sound from the rears when in Stereo
Jeff Aguilar Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Olympia, WA USA
I recently, tonight, upgraded my mains to Martin Logan Aerius i speakers. I noticed that when I played a cd while in stereo mode, the rear speakers were on. This has never happened before.

When running my Energy Veritas 2.1's, this did not happen. I know that my speaker wires are set up correctly.

My system is the Outlaw 950, 2 Parasound 855HCA's. The Martin Logans are 4 ohm speakers while everything else is 8 ohms. Could this be confusing the Outlaw? I have my ML bi-amped. So for the left speaker I have one channel coming from amp A and the one channel coming from amp B. Could this be messing things up?

Please help.

Jeff Aguilar

#47312 - 07/18/03 08:03 AM Re: I am getting sound from the rears when in Stereo
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The difference in ohm-ratings wouldn't affect the 950 -- only the amps would care about that. Likewise, bi-amping itself shouldn't hurt. Did you bi-amp the Veritas 2.1's? If not, one wiring item to check (which you may have already done, it sounds like) would be to make sure that you don't have one set of bi-amp amp channels connected to the surrounds rather than the ML's. Might even try the ML's without bi-amping, see if the problem persists -- could help with troubleshooting.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#47313 - 07/18/03 12:25 PM Re: I am getting sound from the rears when in Stereo
Jeff Aguilar Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Olympia, WA USA
Well, after going back and checking my wiring, even though I was sure that there was nothing wrong with the wiring, it was the wiring. I had some wiring touching on one of my wall plates. After fixing that, there was no more problems. Sorry to bother everyone with this.

Jeff

Who's Online
0 registered (), 141 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts